Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What has caused you the most pain?
What has caused you the most pain?
It could be physical or mental, maybe a combination or something else that I have not considered.

My worst was a herniated disc (L5/S1) that I ignored until I couldn't walk and had pain that I could not escape (even with opiates).

Next would be the 2 times going thru withdrawal.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: What has caused you the most pain?
The arrow I took in my knee, back in my adventuring days.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Physical pain (short term): West Nile Fever

Physical pain (longer term, not as bad but fucking LONGER): Gall bladder stones

Mental/emotional: losing Brian
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Watching my first wife fight a thief for our grocery money. She lost before I could get there.
(December 30, 2017 at 2:20 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: It could be physical or mental, maybe a combination or something else that I have not considered.

My worst was a herniated disc (L5/S1) that I ignored until I couldn't walk and had pain that I could not escape (even with opiates).

Next would be the 2 times going thru withdrawal.

Recently, the death of my mom.

But growing up being bullied and not having my first real friend till HS. I still have trust issues today.
Long term.....

I had a big tusk of a wisdom tooth growing sideways under my gums.  It caused me some emotional distress because before that I would never get bad headaches, then all of a sudden I'm getting inexplicable hardcore migraines.  Because the pain was referred pain I experienced no pain in my jaw or mouth area, it was all around my forehead.  For a long while I was thinking this has to be some kind of brain tumor.  I would walk around the house with my hood up and sunglasses on just trying to block out light and not communicate with anyone.  
I went to the doctor who sent me to the dentist who sent me to the hospital to get Xrays and there was this massive tusk looking thing in my jaw.

That summer was the summer of me getting absolutely high as a rocket off painkillers, but I managed to get off them eventually. 

Short term....

That has to go to other types of short sharp blasts of tooth pain I've had.  I've fractured my arm and had to have it snapped back into place before but I was either drunk or on some serious pain killers while all that happened.  Tooth pain is easily the king of pain for me.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Acute GI pain has rendered me completely immobile a few times. 

Much worse than labor pain.
(December 30, 2017 at 2:46 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Watching my first wife fight a thief for our grocery money. She lost before I could get there.

I hope you were able to return the favor.

Ruptured appendix. Damn near died.

22 years after that, strangulated and perforated intestine because of the scar tissue from the busted appendix. Came closer to dying; lost 32 pounds in 3 weeks at the hospital.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Having pointy, fuck-off sharp needles jabbed over and over again into my dick would qualify, I think.

But losing my sweet Sam was infintely worse.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Realization that I don't deserve the grace Jesus bestowed on me and I find embrace of Jesus love in eternal heaven.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuff you have done (that most people haven' t) onlinebiker 54 4121 October 4, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Who winds you up the most? Cod 26 1843 October 22, 2018 at 7:44 am
Last Post: brewer
  Most otherwise popular food/snack/dessert/beverage you cannot stand ? vorlon13 65 10305 April 16, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Most Important Post You'll Read Today BrianSoddingBoru4 4 682 March 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Wrist/Forearm pain ErGingerbreadMandude 33 1631 February 15, 2018 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Dumbest Thing Some Has Every Said To You Amarok 54 9101 August 28, 2017 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What do you love most, about AF? The Grand Nudger 99 20546 June 4, 2017 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  If you have an android phone you should read this. #5 is the most shocking. ErGingerbreadMandude 7 1967 December 18, 2016 at 1:14 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Truth or Love?.. What Matters to you Most? Salacious B. Crumb 51 8701 August 5, 2015 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  What impresses you most? Longhorn 21 1744 May 14, 2015 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Alex K