Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have no words
I have no words
Yesterday evening, a horrible murder took place just a stone's throw from where I live. Eight-year-old Mylee Billingham was stabbed in her home in Brownhills after an apparent "domestic incident" and was declared dead on arrival in hospital.

A 54-year-old man with stab injuries has been arrested.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: I have no words
I don't know how to process that.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Sad. Wonder what happened though. Man and woman got into a knife fight and the child got stabbed? Man stabbed child and then stabbed himself? Hope they are able to at least get to the bottom of it. Shocking.
This makes me very sad.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Why don't they just kill themselves, first? Dodgy
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I'm glad where you are that it is still 'news', Stim.  Over here it is old hat.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loc...971000001/

Quote:Phoenix sees uptick in homicides for 2nd straight year; most killings in a decade

If you add in the murders that the cops do it is virtually one a day.
I have no comprehension of how someone hurts a child.

It is not within me to understand it and no amount of special pleading or claims of mental instability would garner the slightest sympathy for the aggressor.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Ugh...shit likes this keeps me awake at night. 😞
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(January 21, 2018 at 10:30 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Ugh...shit likes this keeps me awake at night.  😞

IKR? You probably look at your two sons like I looked at my 3 when they were little; the concept of a knife and them never crossed our minds, except that those things were carefully kept away from them.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(January 21, 2018 at 11:43 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(January 21, 2018 at 10:30 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Ugh...shit likes this keeps me awake at night.  😞

IKR? You probably look at your two sons like I looked at my 3 when they were little; the concept of a knife and them never crossed our minds, except that those things were carefully kept away from them.

Yeah... it feels like fiction when you think about it... until you hear stories like this.  How old are your kids, Fire?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Richard Dawkins is improving, in his own words. Heatheness 11 1477 May 31, 2016 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Heatheness
  Well, sometimes bigotry doesn't stop at words abaris 31 4461 October 24, 2015 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Oxford U. Press bans use of pork-related words to avoid offending Muslims pocaracas 14 4550 January 15, 2015 at 1:11 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus