Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Succesful launch of Falcon Heavy
Succesful launch of Falcon Heavy
Musk has sucessfully launched his Falcon Heavy, perfect launch, all 3 boosters landed ... very impressive

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-42969020
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: Succesful launch of Falcon Heavy
You catch the dash hud?  "Dont Panic"
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 6, 2018 at 5:25 pm)Khemikal Wrote: You catch the dash hud?  "Dont Panic"

Nice Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I'm a tad conflicted over all this.  I'm a big supporter of space technology, and Elon Musk is doing a helluva lot to make it ever more feasible.

But let's be frank - the guy is one lab accident away from becoming a super-villain.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
recap: https://youtu.be/wbSwFU6tY1c

(February 6, 2018 at 5:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I'm a tad conflicted over all this.  I'm a big supporter of space technology, and Elon Musk is doing a helluva lot to make it ever more feasible.

But let's be frank - the guy is one lab accident away from becoming a super-villain.

Boru
You really need to put the comic books down.
(February 6, 2018 at 5:58 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: recap: https://youtu.be/wbSwFU6tY1c

(February 6, 2018 at 5:55 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I'm a tad conflicted over all this.  I'm a big supporter of space technology, and Elon Musk is doing a helluva lot to make it ever more feasible.

Boru

Just don't blame us when your home ends up under water...

Wink
Dying to live, living to die.
Pretty sure we're putting that one on oceania first...all part of our sinister plan.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 6, 2018 at 6:52 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(February 6, 2018 at 5:58 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: recap: https://youtu.be/wbSwFU6tY1c

Just don't blame us when your home ends up under water...

Wink

466′ above sea level. I'm good. 
(February 6, 2018 at 6:55 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(February 6, 2018 at 6:52 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Just don't blame us when your home ends up under water...

Wink

466′ above sea level. I'm good. 

You say that now...
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 6, 2018 at 6:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(February 6, 2018 at 6:55 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: 466′ above sea level. I'm good. 

You say that now...

I'm also 66.6 years old, so I'm good, I don't care, and lots of you folks are screwed.  Levitate

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remembering Roger Boisjoly: He Tried To Stop Shuttle Challenger Launch orogenicman 2 1735 February 7, 2012 at 2:33 am
Last Post: orogenicman
  Paul Allen gets into the space launch business orogenicman 5 2048 December 15, 2011 at 9:21 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Space X Falcon 9 due to launch orogenicman 1 1267 December 8, 2010 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious