Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Development
Interesting Development
A FOX news poll, just released.

[Image: 1521905527460.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

I suppose even they have kids and grandkids that they'd rather not see splattered all over the school house walls.
RE: Interesting Development
Coverage has been really amazing.

We should be able to hear NRA oriented heads popping all across the country like popcorn.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 25, 2018 at 6:28 pm)Minimalist Wrote: A FOX news poll, just released.

[Image: 1521905527460.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

I suppose even they have kids and grandkids that they'd rather not see splattered all over the school house walls.

Here's hoping that the sensible people who responded to this poll can manage to convey to their more ardent friends that 'background checks/mental health checks' is not the equivalent of 'the government is coming to confiscate your guns'.

I've previously posted what is required to get a gun license here, so I would do it again (it is a pretty involved process). Suffice it to say that background checks and personal references are required, and no one seems terribly upset over it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think it's entirely reasonable for protesters to FOIA state, county, local, municipal and federal plans for defending the NRA Headquarters from attack by mobs up to 500,000 people.

It's vital information.

Do the authorities expect gun fire from the building? Will the authorities return fire? Do the authorities plan on firing on the demonstrators? Do the authorities plan on returning fire from the building if directed at them? From the crowd? Will firemen be allowed in the building if it's on fire but not secured?

All things protest organizers NEED to know beforehand. FOIA to the rescue,

And I can't be the first one to be thinking about this, lest I wouldn't post it.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Well, it's nice to know even Fox viewers seem to be in favor of gun control legislation. Of course, the "armed guards in schools" does give one pause, but hopefully, they'd prefer we do it better than Joe Arpaio's attempt at the same thing.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Joe Arpaio?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Well, despite its News aspect, Fox does have some of the best television programs. I imagine far right people only watch Fox for the news, though, which isn't to say that those who watch the shows don't also sometimes see the news and add their rational opinion to a poll.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 25, 2018 at 7:06 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I think it's entirely reasonable for protesters to FOIA state, county, local, municipal and federal plans for defending the NRA Headquarters from attack by mobs up to 500,000 people.

"The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. § 552, is a federal freedom of information law that allows for the full or partial disclosure of previously unreleased information and documents controlled by the United States government."
You know, I seem to always be getting corrected by gun nuts when I say "assault rifle".

"They're not assault rifles! They're semi automatic rifles!"

Well, I'm sure that makes ALL the fucking difference to the dead kids!
Dying to live, living to die.
Recent Maryland shooting is being ignored by most outlets. Fox does cite it as a success since shooter was neutralized in a minute from on site resource officer instead of after mass casualty event. Gist being everything went wrong in Florida: social service orgs, local law enforcement called 39 times, resource officer cowardice, authorities response time, FBI ignored 2 warnings, school policy to NOT escalate repeated incidents, and apparently a great many students TOTALLY unsurprised about identity of shooter. Everything went right in Maryland. What gets reported and what doesn't ?? Somebody somewhere had system in place that worked (one fatality not counting shooter) and it's ignored. And coverage of Florida doesn't seem to emphasize all the attendant factors that facilitated high casualty rate.

Also in my opinion, coverage of potential mass PTSD in Florida in student and staff population is being ignored too. Some of those involved are going to have a very tough time in the future, and it's a further tragedy. Ones near the shooting, the ones who didn't speak up (not that would have mattered with school no escalation policy), the ones who start to feel survivors guilt, the ones who develop that later, ones with conflicting thoughts. It is another mass tragedy, and it's not getting much attention at all.

(March 25, 2018 at 7:13 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Well, despite its News aspect, Fox does have some of the best television programs.  I imagine far right people only watch Fox for the news, though, which isn't to say that those who watch the shows don't also sometimes see the news and add their rational opinion to a poll.

Gutfeld openly agnostic, no secret Sheperd Smith is gay, and his show is noticeably more liberal.

LOL, Fox loves reporting salacious Stormy Daniels news too,

Take that Evangelicals !!

You too fundamentalists !!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lastest development in Smollett case EgoDeath 76 6585 March 12, 2019 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Interesting Development in the Med. Minimalist 7 2037 June 28, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So Now This Is Getting Interesting. Minimalist 57 8173 December 17, 2016 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Cato
  Very interesting Jullian Assange interview with RT ReptilianPeon 51 6404 August 14, 2016 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: abaris