Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lastest development in Smollett case

The brothers seen in surveillance footage told investigators that Smollett paid them to orchestrate the attack. He's now being investigated by the FBI and US Postal Inspection for the letter supposedly sent to him by someone who titled the letter "MAGA."

Several big names have now withdrawn their support for Jussie Smollett, deleting tweets and the like.

His attorneys are denying everything and saying that Smollett absolutely is not familiar with either of the brothers.

The brothers met with prosecutors today (which isn't a good sign for Smollett) and were apparently seen leaving the courthouse, according to CBS Chicago.

If it's true that this is a hoax, this is insanely insensitive to REAL victims of hate crimes and a total waste of investigators' time. If he faked this attack, he's a sociopath that needs legitimate psychological help.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
RE: Lastest development in Smollett case
Fuck that dude if it's true.

[Image: 8n7shahs81h21.jpg]
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Who??
(February 19, 2019 at 10:01 pm)no one Wrote: Who??

He's an actor on a very popular show here in the states called Empire. All my friends have told me to watch it but I just normally don't give a flying shit about keeping up with current shows, etc. He claims he was attacked by two people in Chicago who screamed, "This is MAGA country," and calling him racial and homophobic slurs and they supposedly threw bleach on him, punched and kicked him and put a noose around his neck. At first I was horrified when I heard about it; that's some pretty foul shit to do to someone.

Now, it's turning out there are multiple holes in his story (the biggest being that the two brothers caught in the surveillance footage are now claiming Smollett had them orchestrate the attack) and it's looking more and more like he made the attack up, following an incident with a letter he claims he received threatening him that was titled, "MAGA."

All in all, we don't know if the claims made by the brothers are even true (though the fact that they met with their lawyer and Chicago prosecutors seems to indicate they plan to testify against Smollett to avoid prosecution themselves) But he's now facing a lot of backlash especially in the African-American community. One of the brothers was an extra on the show Empire and supposedly one of the brothers was his personal trainer for some time, so it's really not looking good for Smollett, so far.

So yea, if he made this up he's a total piece of shit.

To be honest, who knows? I'm going to reserve any final judgments until all the information is available, but so far it's not looking good for Smollett.
If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.
(February 19, 2019 at 9:58 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Fuck that dude if it's true.

[Image: 8n7shahs81h21.jpg]

Damned straight.

There's enough of that shit really happening without some fucking moron faking attacks and giving ammo to the deniers.
Dying to live, living to die.
That's really my fear; if this is truly a hoax, it only gives more ammo for people to claim that future attacks are hoaxes. I have to feel somewhat relieved if he wasn't actually attacked, but the fact that he possibly orchestrated the attack is so fucking sad and disappointing.
I read that Fox is cutting some of his scenes for the episode being made.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 19, 2019 at 11:17 pm)wyzas Wrote: I read that Fox is cutting some of his scenes for the episode being made.

Plenty of people are pulling their support for him so I can't say I'm surprised. Even though it's probably just to save face, I can't blame them. This is probably a huge embarrassment for everyone involved with the show.

edit: Just found this clip of Rogan and Donnell Rawlings of The Wire and Chappelle's Show discussing the situation with Jussie Smollett.

The press conference indicated that he did it to get public exposure in hopes of making more money. 

The exposure worked, not so sure about the money. 

Time to watch the attorneys battle.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 21, 2019 at 12:09 pm)wyzas Wrote: The press conference indicated that he did it to get public exposure in hopes of making more money. 

The exposure worked, not so sure about the money. 

Time to watch the attorneys battle.

Nope.

He's probably just buried his career.

And I'm glad about that.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jussie Smollett indicted again EgoDeath 10 831 March 3, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Bounty Hunters found not guilty in case of gunning down innocent black man Cecelia 21 1470 August 3, 2019 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Former judge files new motions pushing for special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case EgoDeath 15 1473 July 1, 2019 at 12:21 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Trump responds to special counsel Robert Mueller’s statement: ‘The case is closed WinterHold 21 2008 June 7, 2019 at 2:28 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Interesting Development Minimalist 18 2420 March 26, 2018 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The Cake Case Revisited Foxaèr 108 26481 October 6, 2017 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  In Case Anyone Thinks Trumptards Have A Shred of Decency Minimalist 17 2881 July 31, 2017 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Interesting Development in the Med. Minimalist 7 2023 June 28, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Strange Case Of Canuck The Crow Amarok 0 1009 June 27, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Bill Cosby Case: mistrial Foxaèr 27 8737 June 24, 2017 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Seraphina