Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Knight And Day'
"Knight And Day'
My local video shop has a voucher special ;new releases (including Bluray) @ $1.95.

I got 'Knight And Day' starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz. A fun bit of fluff.

With the closeups, I noticed each of the protagonists looked a little ,um;'shop soiled'. I looked them up:Tom Cruise is now 48. Cameron Diaz is 38. Both are too old for their parts by over a decade..Brad Pitt (39) and Angelina Jolie (35-a bit old) would have been far better.I suspect Tommy and Cameron were cheaper.

Speaking of movies. I see the last Harry Potter movie is being released in two parts. In my opinion, that's greed on a stick.
RE: "Knight And Day'
I never saw a Harry Potter movie, and I doubt I will. Too cheesy if you ask me, and the supernatural doesn't really appeal to me, even on film.

I did went to see the last Saw movie... Meh, they should stop, they are out of good ideas on how murder people in gory ways. They should've stopped at saw IV....
I still wouldn't mind waking up and finding Ms Diaz sitting on my faceBadger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
(November 23, 2010 at 4:07 pm)padraic Wrote: Speaking of movies. I see the last Harry Potter movie is being released in two parts. In my opinion, that's greed on a stick.

Given the fact that the books became bigger every edition, I'm not surprised that the last book is done in 2 parts or you'd have a 7 hour movie on your hands.

Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Actually, going by page totals, the 7th book should have been as long as the 4th book, and shorter than the 5th:

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - 309
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - 352
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 448
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 734
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - 896
Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince - 652
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - 784
Adrian; The longest book (Order Of The Phoenix)) was adapted into the shortest film,@ 138 minutes.

I retain my perception that releasing "The Deathly Hollows" as two movies is greed on a stick.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  International Women and girls in Science Day! Divinity 9 921 February 11, 2019 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  A bad day for the neighbors ... and a mystery to solve ignoramus 6 467 July 6, 2018 at 3:47 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  You die one day and you reach the heavenly gates, God says to you, " ErGingerbreadMandude 39 9079 June 16, 2017 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Regina
  I almost got into an accident and it's been on my mind all day... Veritas 18 2488 March 27, 2016 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Madness and Mayhem charity stream: Day Two abentwookie 0 614 May 17, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: abentwookie
  Veteran's day shout out to those who sacrificed to protect and defend. Whateverist 8 1248 November 13, 2014 at 12:41 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  12 shot dead at 'Dark Knight Rises' screening in Aurora, Colorado Hovik 27 11050 July 21, 2012 at 9:57 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Happy Irish Day!! (Oh yeah and those guys known as St patrick) KichigaiNeko 0 1184 March 17, 2011 at 6:15 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Booze and Ham day theVOID 3 1256 December 16, 2010 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Light of Truth
  The Dark Knight ArtisticAtheist 1 2254 September 19, 2008 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Meatball