Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A bad day for the neighbors ... and a mystery to solve
A bad day for the neighbors ... and a mystery to solve
So I took the day off to straighten some pavers and shovel a cubic metre of soil in the back yard. (top dressing the lawn while it's hibernating).
Anyway, I finished by 2:30pm. Had a shower to warm up (it is winter here!) and just as I sit my arse on the computer the phone rings.

It's Linda next door (retired German couple). " I can't find William anywhere? What do I do?"
William is their pet Dax. I'm thinking, OK, so you're going to want me to drive around looking for him! Gotcha!

Anyway, like the sucker that I am, I do go over, Harold says Linda's gone for a drive around the block looking for him.
I said: I'll go and look in my back yard too in case he's there.
By the time I came back out (less than a minute), there's Linda with the dog in her arms, screaming with sorrow.
The blood was literally pouring out from his mouth. He was dead within 10 seconds.

She said she didn't find him whilst driving but just as she parked her car in her driveway, he just appeared from under her car!
I would never say anything to upset anyone further but you know what I'm thinking, right? Fuck!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: A bad day for the neighbors ... and a mystery to solve
So...she ran over her dog, right?
See..thats why I like living in redneckistan. My dog dies, somebody has to talk me down gun in hand. I need assurances that it wasnt intentional.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Oh no, that's just terrible! I'm sure she realizes somewhere inside herself what happened, but who wants to face that?
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I took her and the dog to the vet (she wants him cremated).

I half winked at the vet when telling the story so she can just go along with the "internal" haemorrhage story so as to not upset Linda even more... (Linda's 82. Pam reckons her driving is so bad it's scary)
Sad really. She should have done nothing and William would have been back in 10 minutes anyway ... He just shot out for a quick squirt and a look/see.
We don't live on a busy street ...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Shes 82, I bet the dogs old too, on dog years.  No harm no foul, they;ll both end up on somebodies mantle within a half decade.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
No! Poor William.
Oh shit! Just when things couldn't get worse.
Silly Linda rang the vet and said she'll pay for an autopsy for the cause of death!

The Vet rang back while Pam was there consoling her.
Cause of death was trauma from a car accident. (William's hip was shattered and severe internal organ failure!)

So the dog just appeared our from under her car with a shattered hip but it wasn't her that did it! Right!
Why did she have to go and ask? Idiot!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mystery over missing phallic landmark zebo-the-fat 8 566 December 1, 2020 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  International Women and girls in Science Day! Divinity 9 943 February 11, 2019 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What's your area's bad ass bug(s)? Gawdzilla Sama 23 1730 November 4, 2018 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  The No Good, Bad Luck Thread Bob Kelso 4 367 September 12, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How long can a Subway sandwich last in the refrigerator before it goes bad? Cthulhu Awakening 11 6480 December 24, 2017 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Good person/bad person Catholic_Lady 82 10679 October 23, 2017 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  You die one day and you reach the heavenly gates, God says to you, " ErGingerbreadMandude 39 9111 June 16, 2017 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Vaccines both good and bad? goombah111 109 16301 December 20, 2016 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Bad mornings are bad Losty 137 9815 October 7, 2016 at 9:00 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Some bad physics from Bishop John Shelby Spong. Jehanne 10 2368 September 25, 2016 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: vorlon13