Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the major qualities you like in a person and in what order?
What are the major qualities you like in a person and in what order?
I would do a poll but that won't work for the ordering.

For me it's 1) Not being a douche. 2) Honesty 3) At least reasonable intelligence 4) Not having an overly short-temper that gets pissed off over literally fuck-all all the bloody time making it really hard for me to ever actually relax in your company. 5) A good sense of humor. 6) Quirkiness 7) Inner beauty 8) Outer beauty 9) Not calling me a liar 10) Not telling me I'm making "excuses".

That's all I can think of right now. I guess many qualities wouldn't make the list. I could add to them later.
RE: What are the major qualities you like in a person and in what order?
Breathing helps. Humans who don't breath have a tendency to not live.

Non violent. Non violent humans don't hurt others.

Other than that, the less superstitious the better.
1)Kindness (they don't have to be nice all the time) 2)Genuineness 3)Warmth 4)You could call it humility, but more not taking yourself too seriously. 5)Intelligence, particularly artistic intelligence. 6) That they show interest in me. This could actually be number 1 but I leave it here for now. 7) It doesn't hurt if they're good looking
A pulse. That pretty much comes first. Everything else is optional.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I like people who practice a prudent person concept (not just professionally). I like the type of people who have common sense and have a skill of being reasonable and well balanced depending on the situation. People like this can seem fluid in personality, but really they’re just being prudent. This doesn’t mean they’re not angry at times, bitchy, or very excited. It just means that when the situation calls for it, they can adjust accordingly. I enjoy watching them become necessary in the moderation of situations in which people seek their guidance, sometimes unknowingly. People like this tend to have the quality of wisdom and control of their temper.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(April 23, 2018 at 9:28 am)Brian37 Wrote: Non violent. Non violent humans don't hurt others.

This is very important.

In my top 10 it's definitely already covered in my "Not being a douche" category, lol.
1. General competence. 

2. Lack of whinging.

3. Fairness. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 23, 2018 at 10:04 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: 1. General competence. 

2. Lack of whinging.

3. Fairness. 

Boru

Screw you, I'll whine if I want to.  Big Grin
There are multiple forms of intelligence, and as it is high up on list I will also sub divide them:

1) Deep thinking 2) Moral intelligence 3) Creative/artistic intelligence 4) Logical intelligence 5) Emotional intelligence 6) Social intelligence

Let me know if I missed any.
In what setting?

If I'm playing basketball with them, I'd say someone who passes the ball, and gets back on defense. I wouldn't care if they beat their spouse.
If I'm marrying them, not beating their spouse would be much higher on the list than transition defense.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A person and a pet Foxaèr 8 505 August 19, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Save the best for last person brewer 23 1889 September 16, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The last person to post wins ! Leo34 13901 982098 May 13, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Major calendar reform needed. Gawdzilla Sama 5 774 January 9, 2021 at 11:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Bill paying and automated vs real person on phone Brian37 36 1964 September 2, 2020 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Give the person above you a new username. Foxaèr 372 27230 June 22, 2018 at 2:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  What are the major challenges faced by the students of present generation? Jennie M. Marble 9 814 May 19, 2018 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Describe your body type and the ideal body you would like. The Valkyrie 34 4417 May 4, 2018 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Things "you" post that "you" like Foxaèr 11 1964 March 24, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How would you deal with an annoying person? Axis 29 2898 February 23, 2018 at 2:21 am
Last Post: energizer bunny