Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanish woman registers THE SUN
Spanish woman registers THE SUN
Read story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...users.html

At first I laughed at the absurdity of this article, I nearly disregarded it as some sort of bad joke, however any amusement this news initially had vanished when I realised the corrupt greedy bitch is being deadly serious - she intends to charge us for using "her sun".

And what happens if a coronal mass ejection causes extensive damage to satellites and electrical facilities across the globe? Someone gets sunburn or skin cancer from the star? Do we get to sue her? Angry
RE: Spanish woman registers THE SUN
(November 29, 2010 at 3:03 pm)Welsh cake Wrote: Read story.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...users.html

At first I laughed at the absurdity of this article, I nearly disregarded it as some sort of bad joke, however any amusement this news initially had vanished when I realised the corrupt greedy bitch is being deadly serious - she intends to charge us for using "her sun".

And what happens if a coronal mass ejection causes extensive damage to satellites and electrical facilities across the globe? Someone gets sunburn or skin cancer from the star? Do we get to sue her? Angry

I read about this in the newspaper. It was on the 'crazy people' section. As to the seriousness of her claims... well, you know, there are people claiming god exists too, she shouldn't be taken seriously as the former.

But wait, wasn't she supposed to BE in the sun and drive a stick onto the surface claiming ownership? Granted, if she does that, Ill pay her rights.
I'm gonna turn this around on her. Señora? Your sun gave me a very nasty sunburn; lots and lots of pain.

...I want damages.
I want to know who had the authority to sell her the sun... Thinking
"Faith is about taking a comforting, childlike view of a disturbing and complicated world." ~ Edward Current

[Image: Invisible_Pink_Unicorn_by_stampystampy.gif] [Image: 91b7ba0967f80c8c43c58fdf3fa0571a.gif] [Image: Secular_Humanist_by_MaruLovesStamps.gif]
(November 29, 2010 at 4:26 pm)Lethe Wrote: I want to know who had the authority to sell her the sun... Thinking

She merely registered it in her name, I think I should register all the space between the sun and the Earth and set up a photon toll both to charge her for all the light her sun makes as it travels to Earth.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
She is only trying to follow what jesus did, not what jesus said. Afterall, jesus tried to tried to register the whole universe in his own name.
I wonder how much she owes in taxes now.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(November 29, 2010 at 6:14 pm)orogenicman Wrote: I wonder how much she owes in taxes now.

Property tax based on square footage. HA!
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sun Bond, Planet Up..... Brian37 0 332 December 3, 2018 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Will the sun explode? Foxaèr 35 3081 August 31, 2018 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  What the Sun looks like from the other planets A Theist 25 3787 July 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Mercury transit begins in little over an hour... for those who have the sun up :) Alex K 16 2388 May 10, 2016 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Full Sun - Half Moon? Jiggerj 30 7056 October 27, 2013 at 11:13 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy