Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another StarTrek reality - Transparent Aluminium
Another StarTrek reality - Transparent Aluminium
About 30 years late but we got there.
Due to the small size and volumes justified, as the clip suggests, I think mobile phone "glass" is next to benefit consumers as well as eyewear.

Just warp drive, transporter and the food replicator to go (let's not pretend a 3d printer using edible wire is actual "food".)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Another StarTrek reality - Transparent Aluminium
(May 1, 2018 at 5:54 am)ignoramus Wrote: About 30 years late but we got there.
Due to the small size and volumes justified, as the clip suggests, I think mobile phone "glass" is next to benefit consumers as well as eyewear.

Just warp drive, transporter and the food replicator to go (let's not pretend a 3d printer using edible wire is actual "food".)
Bolding mine

Give us 3 more centuries...
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
RE: Another StarTrek reality - Transparent Aluminium
It sounds like this “transparent aluminum” is really a ceramic with aluminum in it. Normally when one say aluminum, one means a metal alloy?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Virtual reality. paulpablo 36 6340 February 22, 2016 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Living in Death
  Proving that spying on computers is a physical reality, pretty easy one too. WinterHold 2 1201 March 14, 2015 at 8:36 am
Last Post: WinterHold