Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual reality.
Virtual reality.
Question.

If you had a virtual reality machine where experiencing anything was possible what would you like to do?

I'd like to fight wild animals who would actually kill me in real life and see how long I could survive before I was ripped apart.

That along with a huge list of sexual experiences, I'd like to try being a female having lesbian sex.

And obviously call of duty or GTA would be amazing if this type of device existed.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Virtual reality.
(February 13, 2016 at 6:07 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Question.

If you had a virtual reality machine where experiencing anything was possible what would you like to do?

I'd like to fight wild animals who would actually kill me in real life and see how long I could survive before I was ripped apart.

That along with a huge list of sexual experiences, I'd like to try being a female having lesbian sex.

And obviously call of duty or GTA would be amazing if this type of device existed.

I'd like to be in some RPG setting where I get to fight all sorts of monsters and level up and save the world. Yeah ...
(February 13, 2016 at 6:07 pm)paulpablo Wrote: If you had a virtual reality machine where experiencing anything was possible what would you like to do?

Teleport across the world to give someone a hug.

You can already do this.  It's called lucid dreaming.

I think whatever people type here will be dishonest-- except the ones who say sex, sex, crazy, kinky sex.
You're partially correct Benny. Partially.

It's not all about sex. It's like between 20%-60 about sex depending on mood Tongue
When I couldn't sleep, I devised a waterslide which spans an entire planet. It starts at an altitude of 9000 meters on a barren snowy mountaintop and runs downwards for several days through cliffs, lush forests, deserts, waterfalls and other exciting landscapes, until it reaches a system of deep caves. There are opportunities to pause for refreshments at particularly beautiful spots on the way. So I'd set up a perfect simulation of that.

Oh, and the sex, sure Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(February 13, 2016 at 6:21 pm)Evie Wrote: You're partially correct Benny. Partially.

It's not all about sex. It's like between 20%-60 about sex depending on mood Tongue

Then I'd say you are 40-80% dishonest!

No, just kidding.  Actually, I've had maybe 4 or 5 full-on full-control lucid dreams, and I was ALREADY having sex in one dream when I became lucid.  Given the choice, I seem to gravitate toward things like sitting on clouds listening to a choir of a thousand people, or talking to missed love ones, or things that have a deeper emotional meaning than just getting my rocks off.

But NEXT time. . . Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider, here I come. Big Grin
(February 13, 2016 at 6:20 pm)bennyboy Wrote:

You can already do this.  It's called lucid dreaming.

I think whatever people type here will be dishonest-- except the ones who say sex, sex, crazy, kinky sex.

Yepp. I find it funny that so many people don't realize we already have perfectly working virtual realities at our disposal. It's like, one moment you're fantasizing, and the next you find out this shit is actually possible.

It's a bitch to train yourself to do it though. I'm still trying. I only had one lucid dream(or maybe two) so far and it was extremely short, I lost focus, but it was enough to give me a taste of how incredibly realistic it was.
That said, I don't even know what I'm going to do in my lucid dreams once I master the ability to have them. Not to brag or anything, but my imagination is fucking massive. My regular dreams sometimes shock me with their scale and complexity(not always though). I have no idea what kind of worlds my mind will create once I'm perfectly lucid.

I'd travel through time, if I could do anything. Realistically with what VR has to offer I'd travel the world. I have the mattel viewmaster which is just a plastic version of google cardboard so it's more durable. Personally like using google street view, and google earth with VR. Google is coming out with a more technical version of cardboard soon. Can't wait to see what comes out in the next few years. From what I've seen already, it's amazing.

Once they start implementing augmented reality which is just a graphic overlay of the real world, that will be cool.

Has anyone seen magicleap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw0-JRa9n94

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another StarTrek reality - Transparent Aluminium ignoramus 2 531 May 1, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  What's the Deal with Virtual Computing? AFTT47 3 991 May 3, 2015 at 5:54 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Proving that spying on computers is a physical reality, pretty easy one too. WinterHold 2 1201 March 14, 2015 at 8:36 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Virtual monkeys write Shakespeare downbeatplumb 10 2616 September 29, 2011 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist