Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cinco de Mayo
Cinco de Mayo
What you be doing?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Cinco de Mayo
I could tell ya, but first I'd have to tequila.
(May 1, 2018 at 6:47 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I could tell ya, but first I'd have to tequila.

What a horrible joke.  Which I'd said it...

Ok, I looked it up.  I won't be doing anything to commemorate a Mexican victory over the French. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 1, 2018 at 6:47 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I could tell ya, but first I'd have to tequila.

This is why I'm going to kill you last.

Smile
Dying to live, living to die.
Just another reason to party, but if I were of Mexican descent I'd celebrate independence on September 16. I don't drink tequila, though. That shit be nasty, to me.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I drink it for the worm. Which is good, because by the time I get to it, I can't taste nothing.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Nothing except giggling to myself over the vast number of 'Murricans who celebrate Cinco de Mayo but have no real clue as to why the date is important in Mexico.

Obviously, in the USA, the date is important because it's an excuse to get hammered and eat "Mexican" food.
Damn right!  That's what makes it an american tradition. Getting hammered and eating is what makes every american tradition an american tradition.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 1, 2018 at 6:46 pm)Kit Wrote: What you be doing?

Waiting for my contractor to tell me to get out of my old home so he can put the new one in, if he doesn't do that before.
Same thing I'll be doing on Quatro de Mayo.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turtley mayo is a way of life Edwardo Piet 19 2035 July 28, 2016 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Little lunch