Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just met a former Muslim on Facebook
Just met a former Muslim on Facebook
I love meeting other atheists regardless of the religion they have ditched. Now while I only read this in the book "God No" where Penn describes hanging out with a former Jew eating a bacon cheeseburger, I love that too.

I love to see that light bulb go on when someone realizes they don't need to live their lives based on the claims of antiquity.

BUT out of all the former religions one can ditch, "Former Muslim" has to be my favorite considering the shit they have to go through in parts of the world. That is some serious hardcore bravery. Cant say I could do it, but still.

And it pisses me off when Christians or even my fellow liberals in the States complain about blasphemy of the other, until you talk to someone who is really oppressed and faces threat of death on a daily bases, you do not know what oppression is.

Here in the states theists confuse not getting everything they want 100% of the time as oppression. 

Point is I made a new friend. But the stubborn bastard wont teach me how to make vests with fireworks.  Big Grin
RE: Just met a former Muslim on Facebook
Quote:Here in the states theists confuse not getting everything they want 100% of the time as oppression.

Agree.  The thing that bugs them most is that we refuse to kiss the ass of their fucking silly god.
I should note here; Brian, that the reality of the Middle East is as far away as possible from Islam; actually even the only country claiming to "practice Islam" -i.e Saudi Arabia- has confessed with the words of its Crown Prince that it actually practiced "a mere customized version of Islam; boosted by Regan to hit the Soviet Union":

https://www.dailysabah.com/mideast/2018/...-confesses

I just fail to understand how Americans -and the whole world too- forgot that the terrorist of today, were guests at the White House yesterday.
Anyways; my point is that the Islam we are seeing today is a version customized to serve a certain need. These Islamic proxies are always filled with cutthroats and warlords -the Taliban; the Sauds...etc-, and have no legitimacy even to the native populations.

So the Islam that suits them is a version based on books called "The Hadith books". In them, they find what legitimizes the bloodshed and the fist of steel they use to terrorize the native populations and take their lands. That is not Islam; the Quran that defines what Islam is, is something totally else.
(May 2, 2018 at 8:27 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: I should note here; Brian, that the reality of the Middle East is as far away as possible from Islam; actually even the only country claiming to "practice Islam" -i.e Saudi Arabia- has confessed with the words of its Crown Prince that it actually practiced "a mere customized version of Islam; boosted by Regan to hit the Soviet Union":

https://www.dailysabah.com/mideast/2018/...-confesses

I just fail to understand how Americans -and the whole world too- forgot that the terrorist of today, were guests at the White House yesterday.
Anyways; my point is that the Islam we are seeing today is a version customized to serve a certain need. These Islamic proxies are always filled with cutthroats and warlords -the Taliban; the Sauds...etc-, and have no legitimacy even to the native populations.

So the Islam that suits them is a version based on books called "The Hadith books". In them, they find what legitimizes the bloodshed and the fist of steel they use to terrorize the native populations and take their lands. That is not Islam; the Quran that defines what Islam is, is something totally else.

This guy I met today is from Pakistan, and no, I don't know how you can fit a guy named Stan in your suitcase. Get it? "Pack A Stan"? HA, I made a funny.
(May 2, 2018 at 8:27 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: So the Islam that suits them is a version based on books called "The Hadith books". In them, they find what legitimizes the bloodshed and the fist of steel they use to terrorize the native populations and take their lands. That is not Islam; the Quran that defines what Islam is, is something totally else.

Your views on what should or should not be the basis of Islam is no more privileged than theirs. But at least you engage in the same bigotry towards Muslims whose opinions differ from theirs, just like they do. You have that much in common.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Heart 
(May 2, 2018 at 8:51 pm)Brian37 Wrote: This guy I met today is from Pakistan, and no, I don't know how you can fit a guy named Stan in your suitcase. Get it? "Pack A Stan"? HA, I made a funny.

Stan is not a Pakistani name as much as I know; it's an Urdu word for "place of"...notice "Pakistan";; PAKI then STAN
Afghani STAN...and so on.

The terrorists that Regan invited to the oval office back in the 80s are from Pakistan and Afghanistan; Brian.

The frontline soldiers against the USSR were Pakistani & Afghani natives who agreed to fight against the soviet invasion. The money+spiritual values were Saudi, The planning was American.

So that's my context. Nothing against other Muslims; nothing against your friend; but everything against the Islam of Saudi Arabia, that the white house boosted in the 80s and found a decent have in the ranks of the Afghani+Pakistani Mujahideen.

(May 2, 2018 at 9:02 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(May 2, 2018 at 8:27 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: So the Islam that suits them is a version based on books called "The Hadith books". In them, they find what legitimizes the bloodshed and the fist of steel they use to terrorize the native populations and take their lands. That is not Islam; the Quran that defines what Islam is, is something totally else.

Your views on what should or should not be the basis of Islam is no more privileged than theirs.  But at least you engage in the same bigotry towards Muslims whose opinions differ from theirs, just like they do.  You have that much in common.

No?

Sunni/Shiite Islam sees that Muslims should kill me. I don't want to kill them. Forgot this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam

Quote:Hadith
See also: Malik ibn Nuwayrah and Criticism of Hadith
In contrast to the Qur'an, hadith literature gives contradictory statements about punishments for apostasy.[22][44]
In Sahih al-Bukhari, the most important book in Sunni Islam after the Quran, and Sahih Muslim punishments for apostasy are described as follows:[45][46]
Quote:Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."
— Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:17, see also Sahih Muslim, 16:4152, Sahih Muslim, 16:4154

If standing against the above is bigotry; then hello hello bigotry; I'm proud to be a bigot.

Sunni and Shiite Islam, through the Hadith, orders to KILL any opposing opinion.
I follow the Quran alone. There is no killing for an apostate in my religion. So how do I compare to it?
(May 3, 2018 at 4:45 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(May 2, 2018 at 8:51 pm)Brian37 Wrote: This guy I met today is from Pakistan, and no, I don't know how you can fit a guy named Stan in your suitcase. Get it? "Pack A Stan"? HA, I made a funny.

Stan is not a Pakistani name as much as I know; it's an Urdu word for "place of"...notice "Pakistan";; PAKI then STAN
Afghani STAN...and so on.

The terrorists that Regan invited to the oval office back in the 80s are from Pakistan and Afghanistan; Brian.

The frontline soldiers against the USSR were Pakistani & Afghani natives who agreed to fight against the soviet invasion. The money+spiritual values were Saudi, The planning was American.

So that's my context. Nothing against other Muslims; nothing against your friend; but everything against the Islam of Saudi Arabia, that the white house boosted in the 80s and found a decent have in the ranks of the Afghani+Pakistani Mujahideen.

(May 2, 2018 at 9:02 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Your views on what should or should not be the basis of Islam is no more privileged than theirs.  But at least you engage in the same bigotry towards Muslims whose opinions differ from theirs, just like they do.  You have that much in common.

No?

Sunni/Shiite Islam sees that Muslims should kill me. I don't want to kill them. Forgot this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam

Quote:Hadith
See also: Malik ibn Nuwayrah and Criticism of Hadith
In contrast to the Qur'an, hadith literature gives contradictory statements about punishments for apostasy.[22][44]
In Sahih al-Bukhari, the most important book in Sunni Islam after the Quran, and Sahih Muslim punishments for apostasy are described as follows:[45][46]

If standing against the above is bigotry; then hello hello bigotry; I'm proud to be a bigot.

Sunni and Shiite Islam, through the Hadith, orders to KILL any opposing opinion.
I follow the Quran alone. There is no killing for an apostate in my religion. So how do I compare to it?

Hopefully this guy will join this board soon, said he had problems signing in. Trust me any real terrorist would avoid a page like where I met him and he wouldn't have the sense of humor he did. I have run into plenty of X Muslims over the past 16 years, this guy is an atheist now.

Atlass, glad you don't want to kill anyone, but that is not a holy writing leading you to non violence, that is your evolutionary empathy for others. 

You can look into ANY holy writing of ANY religion in the world, and it will have members who point to their writings and stories and icons and say, "See this proves we are good."

Our species ability to be compassionate or cruel is in our genes. Our behaviors as a species, good or bad, are natural and not manipulated by any super natural power.

If you are a good person, that is YOU the individual, not a book, not a deity.

And I'll say this to anyone of any religion. Even if one stays in it for life, no matter how much I think you don't need it, I'll still be on your side when you value non violence and common law. I'll still spend my time trying to convince you you don't need any religion, but I have no desire to use physical violence or force of government law to deny anyone their dignity of existence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] If I met Him... zwanzig 54 4411 January 13, 2021 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Random Facebook god post Rahn127 10 1366 June 27, 2019 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Have you met people criticizing atheists who use the expression OMG Der/die AtheistIn 30 4174 April 3, 2019 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  [Serious] For former Christians, what was it like to "know" Christ? GrandizerII 30 3858 March 14, 2019 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Just now on Facebook....... Brian37 10 1510 September 6, 2018 at 9:18 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Awesome ex-muslim testimonies. purplepurpose 5 1365 August 2, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Why do so many Christians claim to be former Atheists? Cecelia 42 6180 April 1, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Disproving the christian (and muslim) god I_am_not_mafia 106 27009 March 15, 2018 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  My brother who used to be a devout Muslim is now agnostic Lebneni Murtad 4 1377 March 21, 2017 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  A Muslim, a Jew, a Christian, and an atheist walk into a coffee shop... Mudhammam 57 12086 November 3, 2016 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam