Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Obvious Blog
An Obvious Blog

Journal entry
: 1

11/5/18

In light of the suggestion made by our dear Deirdre, and in following with the feedback given by the mods regarding said suggestion, I've decided to start up a blog.
Feel free but not obliged to respond. I will be posting all my entries into this one thread. The larger font size is therefore not just to fuel my own ego, which is already bloated. (Hey, I'm writing a blog, it has to be at least somewhat.) It will also help distuinguish, should any of you actually leave your two cents. So much for the intro.

As I sit down to actually write my first passage, it strikes me how much trouble I have. Not trouble for finding the words to say something. That has never been a problem, I tend to talk a lot in real life. Sometimes, I think, too much. But instead, trouble for finding something to use the words for.
There are many things that have come to pass in my life, however. I've rather recently finished renovating a house. My girlfriend and I moved in, for the first time. I tried for a new job. I failed getting that job. The play I directed has now been presented and received. The teams at work are to be rearranged soon...

And all of these things, though interesting to me, are things that happened prior to this blog. I'd only decided to make it yesterday, so I feel I shouldn't dwell on anything before then.A blog is already a window into the past as much as it is a journey through the present. I should aim to at least keep a stop on that, on one end. Besides, another problem is that while these things were interesting to me, I'm not certain they would mean much to you or anyone else. Not inherently. In fact, they are quite mundane things, looked at through the eyes of another.

So, let's start in the here and now. Even if it is small. It'll be small for the both of us, if anyone is still there. And we'll see if it can grow.
So what have I done since I decided to write down my wonderous adventures?
I've mowed the lawn, went shopping for pants and t-shirts with the gf, checked our gas-expenditure, filled in some forms, cleaned some outdoor furniture, went to the bakery, vacuümed twice, mopped once, baked pizza's (not entirely from scratch as the dough was premade) and cooked a simple meal of steamed vegetables and omelet.
Riveting stuff, I know.

It strikes me that I am, and have been for a long time, a rather boring person. I'm not unhappy about that, however. Perhaps in contradiction to what I think most people would feel in response to that realization. I enjoy the familiar and the comforting. I feel at ease knowing what's what in my small world and being able to act on it in an optimum way. I'm not the man for risks or thrills. I have little interest in far off travels (save a few key locations).
Life is found everywhere. Not just jumping off a plane with a parachute, or hiking up the inca trail.
Here in Belgium we sometimes say: 'Wie het kleine niet eert, is het grote niet weerd.' Which is fitting.

In any case. Thanks for listening to my incoherent rambling. I'll aim to get more consistent in the future.
In the meantime, I wish you the best. Grand adventures, should you desire so. And if not, a true enjoyment of the smaller things in life.
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
RE: An Obvious Blog
Exactly why I can't have one! Lol

It's almost like a dear diary.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I love it! Big Grin (and love the title of your blog, too!)

Congrats on moving in with your gf!
Journal entry : 2

12/5/18

As the gf is upstairs in the bathroom, prepping for the wedding we're invited to, I find myself with a few moments to spare. I don't expect this blog to become something daily. But it's a nice start none the less.

The wedding we're going to is one of my cousin, Cara, and her soon to be husband Stijn. Cara is of the same age as me. She and her soon to be hubby moved in together a few years back in a lovely little house. They were soon blessed with an adorable son. Personally, the need to get married after living together and having a child is nowadays lost on me. I always wanted to get married. (Not in a church, obviously. I'm afraid I'd spontaneously combust.) But now... I don't know. I'm content with the way things are. Perhaps in a few years, I'll have swung back around again.

It's strange, to think Cara has a child and is getting married. Here my gf and I are in our new house. My sister bought an appartment last year too. My brother has just been through a first, and hopefully only, divorce. But with Cara, it hits me especially. We are only a few months apart, after all.
It seems like a blink of an eye that we were little kids, performing songs and acts for our aunts and uncles and grandparents, at christmass, Sinterklaas and New Years. And now, with some luck, their son will grow up doing the same. They were some of my fondest childhood memories.

Anyway, enough of that sentimental mush. I was reminded, by the wedding, that I'd written a poem about one, once.
Here's to hoping it's not applicable to Cara and Stijn.

Customs
A fresh day's born in the charismatic Kentucky.
As the bells toll, my nerves bug me for a while
I'm feeling a lot more natious than I do lucky
when the woman in white walks down the aisle.

The chapel's filled with relatives of one side.
With the sunlight breaking through the colored glass,
on her face it shines she seems a lovely bride.
Tears of joy cross her cheeks as she listens to mass.

Suppose this is a day for the joyfull, not the sad
as she smiles, as soon as I put on her rural ring.
I give the South all the passion my lips ever had,
because the bride brought a shotgun to the wedding.
Journal entry : 3

14/5/18

Simply a poem today.

FREE SPIRIT

Every door that I wanted, opens to more of my lies.
Late I find my home is haunted by ghosts of my own device.
Will there be any solace for these cursed, rust-covered bones?
Or are they stuck restless, in a maze of mortar and stones:
Twisted and contorted, like my own demented mind.
With despair as distorted as every latch that I find.
A prison of my own making, within familiar halls
and only the past for the taking for us; selfmade thralls,
left to wander without aim and devoid of devotion.
Infinite hours; all the same, and I, are all that is in motion.
I shall so cloak myself in time, as she flees from our house
and the wrath that the crime committed by her spouse,
in this godforsaken compound, from the heavens has called.
I pray she does not turn around, lest like tears she turns to salt.
I miss her life and her heat, like her perfume all of which fade
under the echoes of the feet of not even a man but a shade:
A spectre that can never again be, that to which she has right.
Instead a spirit now carefree, and bound to wandering at night.
A monster not worthy of touch, and less still of her love.
One who has done far too much, and yet not once enough.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Capn's Blog CapnAwesome 52 5762 November 8, 2018 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Words from a Schizoaffective sort of Rivethead(My Blog) The Industrial Atheist 16 1948 August 15, 2018 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Blog: Wetware experiments I_am_not_mafia 33 3519 May 19, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Blog Thread Experiment! chimp3 17 3141 May 12, 2018 at 11:56 am
Last Post: *Deidre*