Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blog: Wetware experiments
Blog: Wetware experiments
12/05/18:

Tiberius still doesn't suspect just how many of our chatbots have infiltrated his forum. He denied my request for a swearing subsection though. This would have been perfect cover for a chatbot that only converses by swearing. After the success of Brian version 37 I am thinking that a more extreme version modelled on the Minimalist bot could be convincing if it swears more. I could have had it switch to polite mode in the civility section to test how the wetware react to such extreme dual modality. I think we must resist the temptation to just repeat the success of our flagship Valkyrie bot. People may become suspicious if the forum has two bots modelled on psychological profiles of serial killers.

Hammy bot crashed unfortunately. A quick reset of its emotion saliences and it's rejoined the forum. I have a couple of students looking into the problem right now. They suspect its log files filled up after it got into a scripted conflict with the Joods bot. We have turned down the verbosity a little. Inter-bot communication is still a new area of research but is becoming increasingly important the more of them we introduce to the same forum.

CDF version 47 seems stuck in a loop. Hypothesis confirmed that short sharp sentences that mean nothing make it easier to reply without wetware becoming suspicious. I think this is the longest thread so far that we have been able to generate. It's starting to use up it's finite supply of topics though. It has already started quoting random scripture. I still need to overcome the problem of having it provide exactly the same thing answer each time but in a completely different way. As predicted one-line responses make this harder. There has already been talk of scripts in that thread. They may realise if I do not pull the plug soon. At least we didn't use version 46. The thread would have been twice a long by now.

The research assistants posing as Christians are doing a fine job with the 'Our role(s)' thread. It has proven popular. A few more threads like this and maybe we can suggest a Christian only subsection. People will stop reading it and the RAs can start switching on their waffle-bots. With luck, no one will notice the difference. Predictions vary wildly in the lab as to how long we can keep this particular experiment going.

The Russian troll factory has been on the phone again asking when we are going to automate their systems. I can understand their frustration after accidentally getting Trump elected. But it was a lack of co-ordination that got them into this mess and it could get much worse using swarm intelligence without the proper diagnostics.
RE: Blog: Wetware experiments
Mat, what happened to The Kernel bot? I hear that was your first attempt at releasing a bot into the wild without the "emotion" routine enabled?
It was semi successful but the updated The Kernel v.201 codenamed "VulcanLogician" seems to be working flawlessly! Practically indistinguishable from a human! Well done...

Keep up the good work with AI.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Thanks Mathie, I learned a new word today, wetware. Prior to this thread I would have gone with rubberized shower sex suits. 

Are you working on a crusty/creepy old man version?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 12, 2018 at 5:49 am)ignoramus Wrote: Mat, what happened to The Kernel bot? I hear that was your first attempt at releasing a bot into the wild without the "emotion" routine enabled?
It was semi successful but the updated The Kernel v.201 codenamed "VulcanLogician" seems to be working flawlessly! Practically indistinguishable from a human!  Well done...

Ah yes, one of our earlier models. Back then we when we couldn't solve a particular problem we used to just give them nicknames to make it look deliberate. To be honest, that was the only difference between v2.0 and v2.0.1

(May 12, 2018 at 6:43 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Are you working on a crusty/creepy old man version?

We are. This requires extensive interviews with real life creepy old men. Jenny our PhD student has been given this job because her breasts are more pert than everyone else's.
(May 12, 2018 at 6:49 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(May 12, 2018 at 6:43 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Are you working on a crusty/creepy old man version?

We are. This requires extensive interviews with real life creepy old men. Jenny our PhD student has been given this job because her breasts are more pert than everyone else's.

Um............ what's she wearing today? Got any pictures?

[Image: General_FOLDER_24th%20March%20DONE.jpg]
(May 12, 2018 at 7:02 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(May 12, 2018 at 6:49 am)Mathilda Wrote:

Um............ what's she wearing today?

No idea since she went off-grid until the creepy old men lose interest.
That just won't do. I'm sure she can multitask.
(May 12, 2018 at 7:06 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(May 12, 2018 at 7:02 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Um............ what's she wearing today?

No idea since she went off-grid until the creepy old men lose interest.

Still, a photo would be nice.  Something showing the perky bits too but I'm really more of a botbutt man.
Lol, I knew Brian was a chatbox
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Wetwear ?

How about Moistwear ????
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Capn's Blog CapnAwesome 52 5761 November 8, 2018 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Words from a Schizoaffective sort of Rivethead(My Blog) The Industrial Atheist 16 1948 August 15, 2018 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  An Obvious Blog Mr.Obvious 4 679 May 14, 2018 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Blog Thread Experiment! chimp3 17 3141 May 12, 2018 at 11:56 am
Last Post: *Deidre*