Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Words from a Schizoaffective sort of Rivethead(My Blog)
Words from a Schizoaffective sort of Rivethead(My Blog)
So this is my blog. 

I'm starting things off with a tasty futurepop track. It's totally not off-topic. Because this is my blog.

After that, firstly if you find that the things I'm doing are not so awesome, it's because I suffer from severe mental illness as well as some moderate physical stuff, the mental stuff which was not helped at all until about 2-3 years ago.

I called the Human Resource Center about volunteering 3 weeks ago. They didn't call me back. The high school makes the students volunteer for credits so they probably get more volunteers than they want.

I figured volunteering could be good to put something on my work history, and maybe help me meet people (especially women) that would understand my work and financial situation.

Where I go for treatment is kind of a good sized place with a big waiting room, and some people are social. Occasionally some women remotely near my age sit one seat
down from me or across from me, or even walk over outside from where people go to smoke and wait for their rides at the side of the building, to where I wait in the front. But I can't bring myself to say a simple "How are you doing?"

It would be much easier (and in the realm of possibility) to talk to women in a comfortable, natural situation. Volunteering might be one of those situations.

I called the Humane Society for the county, which is actually only a 17 minute drive, and they actually got back to me in less than 24 hours. I just have to get references from some non blood related family members, which I should be able to get next week.

I started watching Breaking Bad after finishing Season 13 of Supernatural a few days ago. I just finished EP2. I also watched Coco, which was excellent. I won't lie. I got emotional.

Also I finished Blade Runner 2049. Not bad, but unnecessarily violent.

Monday I will get back to working out after the customary 1 week break I take at the end of every month. Hopefully I can get 6 or more reps doing decline pushups so I can add more to the height of my feet versus my hands next time. It's a very slight decline.
RE: Words from a Schizoaffective sort of Rivethead(My Blog)
Volunteering is a very worthwhile use of your time. You can learn a lot about yourself and grow as a person. I suppose if it helps you meet people, that's cool, too.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Thank you, Jormungandr.

I've been trying to read up on philosophy. I'm halfway through The Story of Philosophy and an audiobook review of Thomas Hobbes' Leviathian.

I got a haphazard introduction to moral philosophy by listening to an audiobook of Aristotle's The Nichomachean Ethics. This was maybe 3-4 weeks ago. It was interesting. I don't know that its always unethical to be extreme, but I found many truths in it, I think.

Today I bought a Kindle version of Locke's Two Treatise of Government on impulse. I can't spend much more as I have to save towards August, which has 5 wednesdays, and so effectively, 5 grocery shopping days.
It seems most of the 169 pages is describing the history of the book and the author, and the times he lived in. I will read the whole thing and not just the main text. That's how I roll.
I got a pre-application from the housing authority. I'm pretty sure this is the next step to getting a housing voucher so I can get my own place (eventually). I don't think I'll have a problem getting approved, the issue might be finding a good apartment for rent in this area.

This is so cool though! Maybe in just a few months I'll have my own place. I don't have very much stuff just a microwave and some basic kitchen stuff. My mom says she can help with a lot of things, including a couch. I have a recliner here that's basically mine, and a microwave. I'm going to have to get the cheapest table from Wal Mart.

But being able to do what I want when I want almost all the time will be so cool!

I also got permission to sue some people as references for my volunteering form, but I have to wait until my moms boyfriend comes over to get his address for it.

I bought David Hume's A Treatise on Human Nature for 99 cents from Kindle on impulse. I probably shouldn't have, I'm not even that far on Locke's Two Treaties on Government. But like MackleMoore "It was 99 cents!"

If all +500 pages is the original document, I'm not sure if I can read that much 17th century English. I'll see in probably a few months.
(July 12, 2018 at 10:28 am)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: I got a pre-application from the housing authority. I'm pretty sure this is the next step to getting a housing voucher so I can get my own place (eventually). I don't think I'll have  a problem getting approved, the issue might be finding a good apartment for rent in this area.

This is so cool though! Maybe in just a few months I'll have my own place. I don't have  very much stuff just a microwave and some basic kitchen stuff. My mom says she can help with  a lot of things, including a couch. I have a recliner here that's basically mine, and  a microwave. I'm going to have to get the cheapest table from Wal Mart.

But being able to do what I want when I want almost all the time will be so cool!

I also got permission to sue some people as references for my volunteering form, but I have to wait until my moms boyfriend comes over to get his address for it.

I bought David Hume's A Treatise on Human Nature for 99 cents from Kindle on impulse. I probably shouldn't have, I'm not even that far on Locke's Two Treaties on Government. But like MackleMoore "It was 99 cents!"

If all +500 pages is the original document, I'm not sure if I can read that much 17th century English. I'll see in probably a few months.

Don't overlook checking out second hand stores when looking for initial house furnishings.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 12, 2018 at 11:24 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(July 12, 2018 at 10:28 am)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: I got a pre-application from the housing authority. I'm pretty sure this is the next step to getting a housing voucher so I can get my own place (eventually). I don't think I'll have  a problem getting approved, the issue might be finding a good apartment for rent in this area.

This is so cool though! Maybe in just a few months I'll have my own place. I don't have  very much stuff just a microwave and some basic kitchen stuff. My mom says she can help with  a lot of things, including a couch. I have a recliner here that's basically mine, and  a microwave. I'm going to have to get the cheapest table from Wal Mart.

Don't overlook checking out second hand stores when looking for initial house furnishings.
Yeah when it comes to stuff like tables and coffee tables that don't really deteriorate much with time, they are probably a good option. But I'm going to accept my mom's help with getting a couch, though.
(July 12, 2018 at 1:10 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: Yeah when it comes to stuff like tables and coffee tables that don't really deteriorate much with time, they are probably a good option. But I'm going to accept my mom's help with getting a couch, though.

Yep, wouldn't buy anything that may transmit stuff (couches, chairs with stuffing, appliances, hollow lamps, ...............).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Today was Chest and Biceps day. I've been using my stair stepping platform with a green platform and purple little mini-things that go underneath to elevate my feet for decline pushups. Well up until today it was just the green platform itself but I added the purple things today to increase the elevation of my feet. My feet were only 7 inches off the ground, but since I got 7 reps I will have 2 of the purple elevators(each side) next time. My goal is to use all of 4 (each side)of them eventually, for an elevation of about a foot.

I'm less excited about the Incline Flyes and 3 reps in the Dumbell Curl with 70 pounds.
Nice workout, hope you had a good Monday Smile
(July 16, 2018 at 5:42 pm)*Deidre* Wrote: Nice workout, hope you had a good Monday Smile

Thanks, Deidre Smile Pretty good so far.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Capn's Blog CapnAwesome 52 5763 November 8, 2018 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Blog: Wetware experiments I_am_not_mafia 33 3522 May 19, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  An Obvious Blog Mr.Obvious 4 680 May 14, 2018 at 11:19 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Blog Thread Experiment! chimp3 17 3144 May 12, 2018 at 11:56 am
Last Post: *Deidre*