Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
101 Skin of Evil: Tasha's Goodbye
101 Skin of Evil: Tasha's Goodbye
Very touching and very moving:

"Death is that state in which one exists only in the memory of others, which is why it is not an end but a beginning..."
RE: 101 Skin of Evil: Tasha's Goodbye
The only good part about that episode is that Tasha dies. God I hated that character. And Denise Crosby couldn't act her way out of a wet paper sack.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I'm one of the few people who actually likes "Skin of Evil." Maybe it's cuz I like mythology. (There was a whole backstory about great beings who left the planet, leaving behind their evil natures who all coalesced into that episode's villain.)

I'm pretty "meh" about Denise Crosby and her character, Tasha Yar. I thought it was cool how they brought her back in "Yesterday's Enterprise" and I quite enjoyed the story arc that followed from that too.
(May 15, 2018 at 9:31 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: The only good part about that episode is that Tasha dies. God I hated that character. And Denise Crosby couldn't act her way out of a wet paper sack.

That was, technically, not her last episode as Natasha. The studio filmed one episode with her after the Skin of Evil episode (which, of course, they aired before), and if you look carefully, you can see her waving goodbye in the background!
(May 15, 2018 at 11:35 am)Jehanne Wrote:
(May 15, 2018 at 9:31 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: The only good part about that episode is that Tasha dies.  God I hated that character.  And Denise Crosby couldn't act her way out of a wet paper sack.

That was, technically, not her last episode as Natasha.  The studio filmed one episode with her after the Skin of Evil episode (which, of course, they aired before), and if you look carefully, you can see her waving goodbye in the background!

"Symbiosis." The one where the guy who played Kirk's son is a drug addict, and the drug is made, in part, by the guy who played Khan's right hand man in Star Trek II. She waves goodbye in the final scene, when Picard and Crusher are leaving the cargo bay.

And, yeah, Tasha Yar as a character was pretty meh. The whole "I was an orphan on a dystopian planet that featured roving rape gangs" backstory was just... ugh.

I think "Skin of Evil" gets a bad rap because there's far too much season 1 Troi (when she was simply there to be exotic and sensitive and... *puke*) mewling and pop-psychiatry-ing in the crashed shuttlecraft. The best parts are when the creature is fucking with the crew, and then Picard telling it to go fuck itself. And, of course, Tasha dying.
Skin of Evil was right up there with The Royale.

Bloody awful episodes.

But, let's be honest, seasons one and two of TNG were mediocre. The same is true for DS9, of course.
Dying to live, living to die.
Arfg !!

Made me think of Savage Curtain

Panic
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 15, 2018 at 6:44 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Arfg !!

Panic

Don't even get me started on TOS...
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 15, 2018 at 7:05 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(May 15, 2018 at 6:44 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Arfg !!

Panic

Don't even get me started on TOS...

Don't you remember the actor who got killed off in one episode, only to appear in a later one? It was mostly the guys in red who ended up perishing. Hmmm...
(May 15, 2018 at 9:19 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Don't you remember the actor who got killed off in one episode, only to appear in a later one?  It was mostly the guys in red who ended up perishing.  Hmmm...

Mark Lenard played a Romulan Commander in The Balance Of Terror, and in later Star trek played Sarek, Spock's father.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evil spirits, anyone? Jehanne 10 1081 March 24, 2017 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Pokemon are evil! leo-rcc 31 9486 November 14, 2011 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Justtristo
  Creation Science 101 Justtristo 0 1020 August 17, 2011 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  Pat Condell: Goodbye Sweden WiffGiff 7 3602 June 20, 2011 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Why Glee is Evil 8BitAtheist 10 5535 April 29, 2011 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Watson
  The Creator, gods, Evil, and the Manipulation of Humanity TRUTH1986 10 6975 June 22, 2009 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Problem Of Evil (CDK007) LukeMC 0 1211 May 13, 2009 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: LukeMC
  Dawkins 'Root of all evil?' clip. Edwardo Piet 11 3795 December 20, 2008 at 6:55 am
Last Post: leo-rcc