Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:13 pm

Poll: Hulu vs Netflix
This poll is closed.
Hulu
25.00%
1 25.00%
Netflix
50.00%
2 50.00%
Blueberry Muffin
0%
0 0%
Fuck all polls
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hulu vs Netflix
Hulu vs Netflix
Netflix does not have all the shows I enjoy watching. In fact, there is basically nothing on there I want to watch.

Hulu has all the shows I like to watch, but there are ads. I can deal with the ads, because the viewing selection is better than on Netflix.

Which do you prefer?
RE: Hulu vs Netflix
Your hulu has ads?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 21, 2018 at 11:46 am)Khemikal Wrote: Your hulu has ads?

Yours doesn't?
I believe Hulu has two subscription models. One with ads and one ad-free.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(May 21, 2018 at 11:48 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I believe Hulu has two subscription models.  One with ads and one ad-free.

The boyfriend probably opted for the cheaper plan, which includes ads.
I guess I have the ad free one. Tell your boyfriend that he wouldn;t be such a cheapskate if he really loved you. Lay it on thick. Are you any good at pouting?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:When you subscribe, you can now choose between our No Commercials plan ($11.99/month) and our existing Limited Commercials plan (that one's still $7.99/month).

Might see if he will switch to the No Commercials Plan, since it's still cheap.
(May 21, 2018 at 11:42 am)Kit Wrote: Netflix does not have all the shows I enjoy watching. In fact, there is basically nothing on there I want to watch.

Hulu has all the shows I like to watch, but there are ads. I can deal with the ads, because the viewing selection is better than on Netflix.

Which do you prefer?

So I take it you don't like Bojack Horseman, Dark, The Twilight Zone, Stranger Things, Black Mirror, MASH, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, Friendship Is Magic, Futurama, Dexter, Mad Men, Death Note, Broadchurch, Mindhunter, The End of the Fucking World, 13 Reasons Why, Anne With an E, Ouran High School Host Club, and a whole mess of other shows I either A) have not watched, B) did not care for, C) removed because I knew you didn't like them, and D) didn't think of at the moment, because I wanted to keep this long list relatively short?

At the moment, I tend to alternate between shows on Hulu and shows on Netflix (although this month's premieres of 13 Reasons Why and Arrested Development will likely break this pattern), but the shows on my Netflix to-watch list outnumber those on my Hulu to-watch list.

The Hulu ad model is a bit frustrating, and it's even stranger now that I'm watching Invader Zim and Hulu has decided, if you decide to shut it off mid-episode, it sends you back to the beginning of the episode.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(May 21, 2018 at 12:10 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: So I take it you don't like Bojack Horseman, Dark, The Twilight Zone, Stranger Things, Black Mirror, MASH, Better Call Saul, Breaking Bad, Friendship Is Magic, Futurama, Dexter, Mad Men, Death Note, Broadchurch, Mindhunter, The End of the Fucking World, 13 Reasons Why, Anne With an E, Ouran High School Host Club, and a whole mess of other shows I either A) have not watched, B) did not care for, C) removed because I knew you didn't like them, and  D) didn't think of at the moment, because I wanted to keep this long list relatively short?

At the moment, I tend to alternate between shows on Hulu and shows on Netflix (although this month's premieres of 13 Reasons Why and Arrested Development will likely break this pattern), but the shows on my Netflix to-watch list outnumber those on my Hulu to-watch list.

There are some shows I like on Netflix, but what is available on Hulu far outweighs what Netflix has available.
I prefer Amazon Prime and HBO Now, myself, but I have netflix and hulu as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DEVS | on Hulu or FX maybe I don't know. Goosebump 0 75 February 12, 2024 at 2:25 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  Netflix Show-- Maniac bennyboy 2 259 September 24, 2018 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  AF Netflix Club? StealthySkeptic 0 512 August 20, 2014 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: StealthySkeptic