Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I might be Brisbane bound again..
I might be Brisbane bound again..
Because of my late mother's lifetime of savings, I can afford things I didn't before. I owe where I am to everything she did supporting me. But, the one thing I did regret and still regret is that my best friend from Australia died before (Bob,my Australian friend) and My friend John (AKA Rubber Ducky) in the NFL thread we never all three met face to face, in person with my mother. Both of them had face to face conversations on Skype, with me and my mom. But we never were face to face together.

I really want to go back to Australia, this time with John, whom we were friends with Bob since 02. I want John to see where he lived and meet Bob's family and friends. 

It is a big deal for me in any case, because I am terrified of flying. But, if I can give John the same personal connection I had with my trip earlier this year, it will be worth it. Bob was a gentile man, and he was my best friend. I simply want John to physically see where he lived and meet his family and friends too.
RE: I might be Brisbane bound again..
Just remember what Churchill said, "If you're going through Hell, keep going."
Heart

Hug

Pretty sure we'll welcome ya with a warm "G'day, mate!" all round. Smile

Though, as some one from the more Southern  climes? I'm partial to recommend you don't drink the beer up that way.

Or, if you do take a hankein' for the ale.... Try some of the 'imported' brands from other states along side what the locals might offer. Wink

Much cheers to you and yours.

Not at work.
(December 15, 2018 at 1:45 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: Heart

Hug

Though, as some one from the more Southern  climes? I'm partial to recommend you don't drink the beer up that way.

Or, if you do take a hankein' for the ale.... Try some of the 'imported' brands from other states along side what the locals might offer. Wink

Not at work.

Seriously, if you live in Australia, and can get to Brisbane, while we are there, we'd love to meet you. I fucking love Brisbane!
(December 15, 2018 at 1:50 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 15, 2018 at 1:45 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: Heart

Hug

Not at work.

Seriously, if you live in Australia, and can get to Brisbane, while we are there, we'd love to meet you. I fucking love Brisbane!

Yes to the first question but, sadly, no to the second offer.

Australia is a fekkin' large place.

I'd need a large amount of "Ahead of time planning" to travel North.

Very much thanks for the offer, though. Smile
(December 15, 2018 at 1:58 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote:
(December 15, 2018 at 1:50 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Seriously, if you live in Australia, and can get to Brisbane, while we are there, we'd love to meet you. I fucking love Brisbane!

Yes to the first question but, sadly, no to the second offer.

Australia is a fekkin' large place.

I'd need a large amount of "Ahead of time planning" to travel North.

Very much thanks for the offer, though. Smile

Oh come on, It isn't like it is the size of America.... OH WAIT!

Yea, it is pretty fucking big. 

If you overlay Australia over the continental United states, it is about the same size. Not including Canada or Alaska, just everything between Canada and Mexico.

I really loved how clean Brisbane was, how nice everyone was.

(December 15, 2018 at 1:44 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Just remember what Churchill said, "If you're going through Hell, keep going."

If you think I was a pain in the ass trying to get home from the hurricane, trust me, for me, being stuck in jar 35,000 feet in the air bouncing around like a ping pong ball in a jar, that was far worse. You cant pull over a jet like a car with a flat tire. The ONLY reason I am willing to torture myself again, is because I want my friend John to see where our best friend lived.
Hey ADMINS, if you are reading this, can you link me to the thread where I announced my original trip early this year? I cant find it. It was titled "On My Way" or something like that.
You know what it's called when an Aussie visits the UK?  'Returning to the scene of the crime.'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 15, 2018 at 4:31 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You know what it's called when an Aussie visits the UK?  'Returning to the scene of the crime.'

Boru

You know what it is called when you use a toilet in Australia? A FUCKING MESS!

The last time I was in Australia it was a bitch being upside down.
(December 15, 2018 at 4:43 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 15, 2018 at 4:31 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You know what it's called when an Aussie visits the UK?  'Returning to the scene of the crime.'

Boru

You know what it is called when you use a toilet in Australia? A FUCKING MESS!

The last time I was in Australia it was a bitch being upside down.

Butt it looks good on you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You might be crazy if… BrokenQuill92 22 1108 December 28, 2021 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Guest shots that might not go so well... Gawdzilla Sama 33 2635 August 22, 2018 at 5:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Usernames you might have used? Gawdzilla Sama 36 5297 June 29, 2018 at 6:42 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Do We Have AF Members in Spain (Who Might Want to Meet Us) Jenny A 3 1301 April 2, 2018 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Planing on going to Brisbane Aus early nxt yr Brian37 27 3338 December 27, 2017 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  We might be moving to Germany! Aroura 110 15732 July 6, 2017 at 1:54 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  You might think Libertarians are... chimp3 1 620 October 27, 2016 at 2:25 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I wish I may, I wish I might. IATIA 28 3986 July 4, 2015 at 3:37 am
Last Post: Mothonis
  Florida bound :D Joods 35 2452 April 26, 2015 at 10:38 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  You Might Want To Avoid Subway Minimalist 12 2930 July 18, 2014 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Tonus