Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes or no?
Yes or no?
So hads anyone seen the documentry called Jesus Camp? Look on you tube if you havent. IT a scary thing to watch. The poor kids are brainwashed. Any comments?
"Religious faith is the species of human ignorance that will not admit even the possibillity of correction."-Sam Harris
For Man to move forward we must throw away religion, and put it in the Mythology section, and then use Reason, Logic, and Common sense to solve all our daily problems. That's a Higher Level of Thinking.
RE: Yes or no?
Now that 'Jesus Time' has a whole new meaning, ( http://atheistforums.org/thread-5530.html ) Jesus camp is something I would stay far far away from.

I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
It's a movie that underscores the point that the only difference between the words "cult" and "religion" is the former is never used in the first person.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
The morons who send their kids to this type of brainwashing should be arrested for child abuse.

My favorite scene in the thing is when the dumbass woman leads the kids as they "talk in tongues". They all just babble incoherently. I can do it, too! Bubbadubbawubbabingbong!

The scene that makes me want to reach into the picture and choke somebody occurs when they talk to the kids about abortion. One of the adults brings out a display that supposedly shows the development of a fetus. The adult pulls out a model that is meant to show the kids what a fetus (of course, they call it "a baby") looks like at five weeks. The thing looked like a fully formed baby, with the exception that it was about two inches long!

This is a perfect example of how these fucktards lie to the kids! A five week old fetus looks more like a tadpole than a human baby!

There was also a scene where a nine year old girl approaches a woman in a bowling alley and hands her a pamphlet. The little girl says, "God told me to give this to you." The woman smiles and says "Thank you."

Oh, I wish the kid would have approached me! I would have immediately said, "So God spoke to you?". She would probably have said "No." (unless she wanted to lie). I would have then said, "Did he appear to you?". Again, she would have had to say no. I would have then asked how "God" communicated with her. She would probably give some crapass answer which I would then have ripped apart. I would then have asked why she was lying to me about "God" telling her to do something. I'm sure this wouldn't be a response she would expect. No doubt, the kid would be expecting you to smile sweetly and thank her for her wonderful deed.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
Quote:They all just babble incoherently. I can do it, too! Bubbadubbawubbabingbong!

Say....that's a pretty good George Bush impression.

Big Grin
Yeah i think its so funny when people are yelling and screaming and crying? I mean really a 5 year old saying he got "saved" because he needed a meaning in life?? The kid couldnt even go to the bathrrom by himself yet! Plus ive been to a church like that before and its the absolute scarist thing ive done yet....ha
"Religious faith is the species of human ignorance that will not admit even the possibillity of correction."-Sam Harris
For Man to move forward we must throw away religion, and put it in the Mythology section, and then use Reason, Logic, and Common sense to solve all our daily problems. That's a Higher Level of Thinking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3be9wCAw...r_embedded

(Click on the Watch on You Tube link)

Fucking idiots!
I'm anticipating a few good old home grown domestic terrorists out of this Joel's Army and Jesus Camp bull. I haven't heard of any investigations by Child Protective Services so I assume none has been done and I think it needs to be. This camp as well as Joel's Army's teachings to these children has to manifest some type of questionable psychological damage to these kids.
The world is a dangerous place to live - not because of the people who are evil but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
- Albert Einstein
(December 7, 2010 at 2:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:They all just babble incoherently. I can do it, too! Bubbadubbawubbabingbong!

Say....that's a pretty good George Bush impression.

Big Grin

ROFLOL

When Bush was president he attended his daily military briefing. At the meeting one of the generals informed him that three Brazilian soldiers had been killed in Iraq that morning.

Bush's face turns ashen and he begins to get choked up. Finally, he begins to weep openly. Everyone at the table is shocked to see Bush break down like this. He had been in many of these meetings where the casualties were much worse and he never acted like this! Finally, after composing himself, Bush looks up and says, "Can somebody tell me how many is a brazillion?".
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(December 7, 2010 at 11:04 am)HigherLvlofThinking Wrote: So hads anyone seen the documentry called Jesus Camp? Look on you tube if you havent. IT a scary thing to watch. The poor kids are brainwashed. Any comments?

Yes some years back, I found it quite funny back then for some reason, then I realized it was actually for real.

undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yes!! ohh EPiC FAiL 16 6154 July 8, 2012 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: ohh EPiC FAiL
Heart AW yes.... Gods love bbrettle 72 22757 June 6, 2011 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Napoléon