Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AW yes.... Gods love
Heart 
AW yes.... Gods love
Pretend now God stops feeding you,rapes you,gives you plagues and your whole life.... your purpose is to Eat dust and die. ( please dont give me that Job shit in the Bible we all know he was wealthy and well off to begin with.... im talking about people whom the very instance of birth are subject to pain and suffering for no good reason )

-What is the purpose of being created in the first place ?
-How can you say "OH GEE GOD LOVES YOU!" Love? love?! fuck that....

from my chair sitting in sunny california with a nice full belly im sure its easy to love God......i once thought i did
"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss." -Cypher (the matrix)
RE: AW yes.... Gods love
The purpose of being created would be to live, to which there are millions of reasons for living, if you're having a problem finding one, perhaps you should get assistance.
You can say "God love's me" by opening your mouth and speaking the words, I assume you meant the feeling behind it though Smile
Surprisingly enough almost every conversion testimony I've heard is from when people were at rock bottom. Perhaps that relates somehow? Big Grin
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(May 24, 2011 at 2:17 am)bbrettle Wrote: -What is the purpose of being created in the first place ?
When you were a believer, how would you have answered these questions?
(May 24, 2011 at 6:40 am)tackattack Wrote: The purpose of being created would be to live, to which there are millions of reasons for living, if you're having a problem finding one, perhaps you should get assistance.
You can say "God love's me" by opening your mouth and speaking the words, I assume you meant the feeling behind it though Smile
Surprisingly enough almost every conversion testimony I've heard is from when people were at rock bottom. Perhaps that relates somehow? Big Grin

- i have plenty of reasons to live such as my family, friends , etc
- I said "God loves me" being sarcastic if there is a God im sure he hates humanity ( well the suffering people at least )
- Conversion stories when people hit rock bottom? So when i need an a friend to tell me im special and that He loves me and has purpose for me it would be a great time when im at rock bottom? sounds like a Crutch or something i just needed to believe in to keep order in my life
(May 24, 2011 at 7:29 am)Timothy Wrote:
(May 24, 2011 at 2:17 am)bbrettle Wrote: -What is the purpose of being created in the first place ?
When you were a believer, how would you have answered these questions?

i couldnt thruthfully answer them.... i would basically just lie to myself and say oh "God has a plan and a purpose" for all the helpless people in this world and go on stuffing my face ( american =p )
"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss." -Cypher (the matrix)
I thought maybe, from reading the title of this thread, that this would be about the huge tornado that hit Joplin, Mo, not far from where I live. Yes, I've been seeing many of the "Thank God I wasn't killed, it was divine intervention" nonsense without actually wondering why God would send a tornado to begin with.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Quote:Perhaps that relates somehow?

Yes, Tacky. It reflects human stupidity.
(May 24, 2011 at 12:26 pm)bbrettle Wrote: i couldnt thruthfully answer them.... i would basically just lie to myself and say oh "God has a plan and a purpose" for all the helpless people in this world and go on stuffing my face ( american =p )
Do you think that response is consistent with what the Bible teaches?
Of course not....but it is what most xtians practice.

You know the old saying "talk is cheap" right? Xtians talk a lot.
(May 24, 2011 at 6:40 am)tackattack Wrote: The purpose of being created would be to live, to which there are millions of reasons for living, if you're having a problem finding one, perhaps you should get assistance.

Who says you have to have a reason to live, or that not having a reason to live means you would happily kill yourself? Why should he need assistance in those situations?

Let me guess..he should visit a Pastor of your choosing to tell him what he should hold as his reasons for living.

As far as being rock bottom to hit conversions, I tend a bit to agree with you. Here lately the people I come across who are the most vocally religious are the ones who smoked away a good job, wife, family, and home all in the name of crack. Most of these people have very little education, and tended to have money and jobs given to them for being born to the family they belonged to. They ruined it ALL because of stupid and selfish bad decisions, not needing education to work their way up to it legitimately, and now that everything is lost and they are in the gutter they suddenly learn "the secrets of the universe"?

YES. That is exactly what these burnouts turned Christians are trying to convince me of. That once they hit the fucking gutters suddenly they learned the secrets of the universe and that they are sure they made the right decisions...with a history of making bad decision after bad decision.

Well excuse me... last I checked from their own mouths is that all they could do is make the wrong and selfish decision, and this is no different. And now all of a sudden they "know" god did it, and its a fact? How did you figure that..oh yeah..he came to you when you were high.

Honestly, there will be a time, possibly even in my own lifetime, where the majority of Christians will be former crack and heroine users at less than 20% of the population. From what I have experienced in the last ten years, there is a VERY GOOD chance that if you say you are a Pentacostal, then you are saying "Yeah, I used to be a really bad Heroine/crack user, then I burnt myself out and found Jesus."
Quote:Let me guess..he should visit a Pastor of your choosing to tell him what he should hold as his reasons for living.

And he shouldn't forget to bring his checkbook along.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elohim and Yahweh are 2 Different Gods Rhondazvous 29 11194 May 17, 2016 at 3:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Debunking the "Dying and Rising Gods" Theory Randy Carson 55 15874 September 22, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Gods love letter to you evar 2 1604 August 2, 2015 at 12:34 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Exodus, Gods and Kings. Jacob(smooth) 34 8731 July 5, 2015 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What makes the Christian God different from thr thousands of other Gods out there? bluemonday 66 12143 March 8, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  My Testimony of the One true Gods existance and grace JesusSaves 1 1463 April 12, 2013 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Gods forgiveness is worthless. downbeatplumb 54 24378 March 5, 2013 at 11:40 am
Last Post: ronedee
  Yes!! ohh EPiC FAiL 16 6147 July 8, 2012 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: ohh EPiC FAiL
  God cannot love or be Love. Greatest I am 0 1398 December 30, 2011 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Yes or no? HigherLvlofThinking 21 4491 December 16, 2010 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Thor