Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Won't You Be My Neighbor
Won't You Be My Neighbor
"Won't You Be My Neighbor" was an excellent documentary. I think a lot of you would enjoy it, whether or not you grew up with him, as I did.
RE: Won't You Be My Neighbor
Never heard of him but I just watched the preview and it looks good.

Not big on documentaries. I rely on drama to keep my imaginative mind flowing properly for what I want to write.
(June 19, 2018 at 5:43 pm)Little lunch Wrote: Never heard of him but I just watched the preview and it looks good.

For real? I'm so jealous. You'll get to see the awesomeness that was Fred with fresh eyes. You're obviously an adult, so you probably won't get it by watching the show, but definitely give the film a watch. I loved it.
(June 19, 2018 at 5:45 pm)Kit Wrote: Not big on documentaries.  I rely on drama to keep my imaginative mind flowing properly for what I want to write.

Documentaries are full of drama. You don't know what you're missing.
He was the speaker at my brother-in-law's graduation.   It was a decent speech.  

I always want to like him more than I actually do.  Nice, extremely principled person, pianist, creative, humanist...plus there's a cool train.  I love that shit at Wegman's!  But Mr. Rogers walks in the door and takes off his shoes and puts on the damn sweater and I'm annoyed.  I know that says way more about me than it does him, but the annoyance dates back to age 5 or so.   He was a great guy and made wonderful television, just not for me, somehow.
I watched "Mister Rogers: It's You I Like", that first aired in March on PBS. Doubt I'll go to the theater for the documentary. 
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I didn’t see that! I’ll have to find it online.
(June 20, 2018 at 9:24 am)Shell B Wrote: I didn’t see that! I’ll have to find it online.

https://archive.org/details/Its-You-I-Like-Documentary
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 20, 2018 at 9:35 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(June 20, 2018 at 9:24 am)Shell B Wrote: I didn’t see that! I’ll have to find it online.

https://archive.org/details/Its-You-I-Like-Documentary

Thanks, man. *grabs tissues for happy crying* Shut up, you're crying. I'm not crying.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Get Out" won best original screenplay? Foxaèr 21 3475 March 5, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The Painting I Love That Won't Sell Jenny A 37 3708 April 28, 2016 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Expired