Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't know if this is funny or not. -OR- Kids say the darnest things.
I don't know if this is funny or not. -OR- Kids say the darnest things.
When hanging out with my sister and her herd of children, (A group of children are refered to as a 'Herd' right?) ranging in ages from 3 to 8 years old, we were asking what they want to be when they grow up.

The usual answers abounded, fireman, policeman, soldier, nurse.....

Then the 6 year old says "I want to be an Embezzler." Confusedhock:

I played ignorant and asked the child "What's an embezzeler?" The child answered spot on, "you get to go work for some rich people and get to take their money."

When told "but stealing is wrong" the child just answered, kinda solemnly, "I know...."

The child is only six years old so it was a funny exchange. First time I ever heard a small child list "Criminal" on their 'want-to-be' list.

Another "Kids say....." is the 4 and 1/2 year old girl is demanding a drivers license. She states, in all seriousness, 'people with the license get to go anywhere they want'. Not only has she been demanding a drivers license she has been insistent she needs it NOW!

Her twin brother has been going around telling everyone he needs a wife. HA!
When asked why he needs a wife he says "So she can make me bacon and eggs for breakfast!"

Cuteness beyond discription.

Simular stories?

I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
RE: I don't know if this is funny or not. -OR- Kids say the darnest things.
Haha, that is too funny. I have about a million similar stories. Too many kids in my family, I guess.

About 2 months ago, my 5-year-old nephew gets in my truck and says "This car smells awkward." I had a brand new cinnamon air freshener. I guess cinnamon is awkward.

A few years back, my niece was swimming at my parents house. My sister told her to change downstairs. She took off her bathing suit and put on her dress, but her undies were upstairs in her suitcase. So, my niece wore her dress upstairs to get her suitcase. As she was walking up the stairs, she ran into my then husband and said "I'm not wearing any underwear." She was four at the time.

My stepson and I were swimming and he asked me why women wear different bathing suits. I told them it was so their breasts would be covered. He said "Oh, you mean their petals?" I said "What? No, I mean their breasts." he said, "Yeah, breast petals." I have no idea where that came from because I am always literal about anatomy, but ever since then I have referred to breasts as petals and every time he hears the word petal, he busts out in giggles.
RE: I don't know if this is funny or not. -OR- Kids say the darnest things.
I remember when I was taking a child development class I was really tight with this one kid named Patrick. When we were doing an activity involving shaving cream he said: "Heh, you remember when my dad farted in the car? That was funny." It was quite odd seeing as I had never even seen Patrick outside of the preschool.

I got in to a long winded pseudo-philosophic discussion with another kid named Luke, who was always bummed about being there. Nothing funny enough about the actual conversation worth mentioning, but after being told time and time again small children couldn't respond to reasoned arguments, it was rather unexpected how easy it was to change his outlook.

Then there was Maggie who I found climbing the chairs in another room. I asked her if she was allowed to be there (wasn't my teaching day), she said "yes", and then I left only to get scolded by the current teachers who were badgering me as to why I trusted her. Damn four year old liars...

In general I love the little nippers, as long as I'm not responsible for them. They can be intentionally and unintentionally hilarious:

"Faith is about taking a comforting, childlike view of a disturbing and complicated world." ~ Edward Current

[Image: Invisible_Pink_Unicorn_by_stampystampy.gif] [Image: 91b7ba0967f80c8c43c58fdf3fa0571a.gif] [Image: Secular_Humanist_by_MaruLovesStamps.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3654 195187 2 hours ago
Last Post: Foxaèr
  It's not that I don't like you but........ brewer 13 632 March 12, 2024 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1073 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 794 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  One of these things is not like the other ones Angrboda 1 391 December 6, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ok computer techs, what say you? Brian37 82 6358 October 7, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do you say anything to anti maskers in public? Brian37 37 2196 January 6, 2021 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Environmental charities, what say you? Brian37 11 882 December 21, 2020 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: no one
  Nutella is for fat people and kids, right? Foxaèr 12 991 November 6, 2020 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Two things that I don't understand. Add yours. Figbash 14 1244 May 4, 2020 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: no one