Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OP/ED of Tariffs and Taxes.
OP/ED of Tariffs and Taxes.
I do think 45's trade war is bad. But there is one thing about morons on the right who bitch about "taxes" on anything. For example, if you pay 1 dollar in tax on a pack of smokes that costs 5 dollars, I am no genus, but last time I checked 5 was a bigger number than 1.

It fucking amazes me that GOP supporters sniff the corporate glue and free base their bullshit "Just let the rich fuck you over and love it."

Manufacturing has been greatly reduced over the past 40 years because of globalization. Some of these jobs are not coming back, because automated technology is replacing physical labor. 

But the corporate class loves using that scary word "Tax" when the bulk of the cost of ANY ITEM goes to the business. It is simply a scare tactic to maintain their profit margins and or expand their profit margins. 

It would be right to bitch for example, if you bought a 1 dollar pack of smokes and the tax on it was 5 dollars.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Split decision by SCOTUS on Bunkerboy's taxes. Brian37 15 695 July 10, 2020 at 5:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  President Trump To Raise Tariffs On Steel And Aluminum Imports A Theist 36 7931 June 22, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Justin Trudeau Goes On American Television To Protest Trump's Tariffs Amarok 11 878 June 6, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Rich Scumbag Wants To Cut Taxes For Rich Scumbags Minimalist 32 3983 May 12, 2017 at 8:11 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  NY state business org, promises no taxes. Brian37 0 600 January 28, 2015 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  African family move into Swiss village, forced to raise taxes ForumMember77 25 4063 October 2, 2014 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Dystopia