Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rich Scumbag Wants To Cut Taxes For Rich Scumbags
Rich Scumbag Wants To Cut Taxes For Rich Scumbags
Is anyone surprised?

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/trump-pl...wn-family/

Quote:Trump plan will slash taxes for rich people and corporations — and deliver a major boon to his own family

Quote:Among other things, the plan would completely eliminate both the alternative minimum tax and the inheritance tax — two taxes that were designed to stop rich people from gaming the system to avoid paying any taxes.

Apparently deficits no longer matter to republicunts.
RE: Rich Scumbag Wants To Cut Taxes For Rich Scumbags
Scumbags of a feather...
In other news one proposal that's been floated to pay for these cuts is the elimination of deferred taxes on 401K contributions.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(April 26, 2017 at 3:04 pm)popeyespappy Wrote: In other news one proposal that's been floated to pay for these cuts is the elimination of deferred taxes on 401K contributions.

Awesome, so let's finance pay cuts for those who don't need it with a tax hike on those that do.

Fucking brilliant. Watch the savings rate of wage earners to drop precipitously if this happens.

This is going to be about as popular as a turd in a swimming pool.

Back-of-the-envelope math informs me that eliminating the deferred taxes - which would seem to be funding with post-tax dollars and making withdrawals tax free, rather than funding with pre-tax dollars and taxing on withdrawal (presumably at a lower rate) - informs me that this would result in a $4500 annual tax hike on individuals contributing the maximum with a marginal tax rate of 25%. The effect is doubled on two-earner households who both contribute the maximum.

Oh, also - this change will likely push a number of middle-class households into higher tax brackets, for the benefit of corporations, to the detriment of the middle class.

Fuck you, Trump.
I'm for eliminating inheritance tax. A person dies (death or inheritance tax kicks in) and the family now gets taxed extra on money/income/property that the deceased has already paid taxes on. 

For you fellow old farts, I suggest you take the right steps to eliminate as much death tax as possible.

That being said, I don't anticipate much support for his proposal. It does not make financial sense.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I never cease to be amused by the claim, 'These tax cuts will pay for themselves by stimulating economic growth.'

The only thing more amusing is how many people continue to believe it, all historical evidence to the contrary.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 26, 2017 at 3:22 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I'm for eliminating inheritance tax. A person dies (death or inheritance tax kicks in) and the family now gets taxed extra on money/income/property that the deceased has already paid taxes on. 

The "already paid taxes on" issue seems a non-issue. If they're living, gifts of over $14K annually are fully taxable as income - to the person who has presumably already paid tax on the income.

Also, most non-wealthy people are not affected by the death tax at all. One of the biggest issues with it is the inheritance of family farms/homes of substantial value, where the family doesn't have the means to pay the tax, and the property must be sold or split.

That being said, I don't really have a huge issue with reforming the estate tax, but I would prefer to see more generous exemptions to prevent such injustices, such as an exclusion on non-investment real property (i.e. the personal residence). I would not exclude cash or liquid investments at all.
By the way, the estate tax exclusion for 2016 is over 5.4 million, i.e. the first 5.4 million in money or property inherited is tax-free.
Quote:I'm for eliminating inheritance tax. A person dies (death or inheritance tax kicks in) and the family now gets taxed extra on money/income/property that the deceased has already paid taxes on.

Yeah.  We should make things easier for aristocrats to get richer.  Where the fuck is my guillotine when I need it?
@Min, my thread was first!

(April 26, 2017 at 3:22 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: I'm for eliminating inheritance tax. A person dies (death or inheritance tax kicks in) and the family now gets taxed extra on money/income/property that the deceased has already paid taxes on. 

For you fellow old farts, I suggest you take the right steps to eliminate as much death tax as possible.

That being said, I don't anticipate much support for his proposal. It does not make financial sense.

You're looking at inheritance tax wrongly, first of all it is not a tax on the deceased, but on the unearned capital windfall of the deceased's inheritors. Therefore you are wrong in saying that it already has taxes paid on it, if that were the case all taxes levied on property changes would be equally as wrong as you say inheritance tax is.

Secondly, inheritance tax limits in the USA are already set with ridiculously high limits on them, meaning that if you end up leaving anything to your wife or children, then the chances are at around 98% that not a penny tax will be paid on. Unless I'm much mistaken the cutoff point at which inheritance tax starts being paid in the US is c. $10m.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will swallow the Corona virus debt? The rich or the poor? Greatest I am 35 1839 December 1, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Split decision by SCOTUS on Bunkerboy's taxes. Brian37 15 695 July 10, 2020 at 5:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  So ....... who wants to go bowling? ignoramus 15 1412 April 26, 2020 at 8:32 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2165 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  More proof 45 wants blind loyalty. Brian37 22 2555 December 8, 2018 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 491 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  GOP now wants civility in scotus hearing? Brian37 15 1345 September 7, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  OP/ED of Tariffs and Taxes. Brian37 0 201 July 30, 2018 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Donald Trump Wants To Invade Venezuela...Media Continues to Fixate on Tweets ReptilianPeon 15 3101 July 7, 2018 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Joods
  Oh, The Unhappy Rich, White, Motherfuckers! Minimalist 4 736 July 1, 2018 at 3:18 pm
Last Post: brewer