Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
President Trump To Raise Tariffs On Steel And Aluminum Imports
President Trump To Raise Tariffs On Steel And Aluminum Imports
Deja Vu? The Dow plunges with news that President Trump will be raising tariffs on steel and aluminum imports. While his motives may be to protect American steel workers' jobs and the U.S. steel industry it smacks of Herbert Hoover's tariffs on imports just prior to the stock market crash of 1929 which led the U.S. into the Great Depression of the 1930s.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/...rmoil.html#
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: President Trump To Raise Tariffs On Steel And Aluminum Imports
Except Hoover was a fucking genius compared to the Orange Turd.
The real question is can Congress get it together to stop him? There's broad disapproval on both sides of the aisle. My guess is, they won't.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(March 2, 2018 at 12:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Except Hoover was a fucking genius compared to the Orange Turd.

Yeah yeah, I already know your obsession over Hillary losing the election to President Trump. Would you care to expand on the OP Mr. History buff?

(March 2, 2018 at 12:27 pm)Jenny A Wrote: The real question is can Congress get it together to stop him? There's broad disapproval on both sides of the aisle. My guess is, they won't.
I understand the motive behind the move but historically this hasn't panned out well for the U.S.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
[Image: tysAuXP.gif]

In on one!
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(March 2, 2018 at 11:59 am)A Theist Wrote: Deja Vu? The Dow plunges with news that President Trump will be raising tariffs on steel and aluminum imports. While his motives may be to protect American steel workers' jobs and the U.S. steel industry it smacks of Herbert Hoover's tariffs on imports just prior to the stock market crash of 1929 which led the U.S. into the Great Depression of the 1930s.

Finally beginning to realise that your candidate for Fuhrer is an idiot, huh?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(March 2, 2018 at 12:27 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(March 2, 2018 at 12:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Except Hoover was a fucking genius compared to the Orange Turd.

Yeah yeah, I already know your obsession over Hillary losing the election to President Trump. Would you care to expand on the OP Mr. History buff?

(March 2, 2018 at 12:27 pm)Jenny A Wrote: The real question is can Congress get it together to stop him?  There's broad disapproval on both sides of the aisle.  My guess is, they won't.
I understand the motive behind the move but historically this hasn't panned out well for the U.S.

It won't even pan out well for U.S steelworkers.  Their problem is automation, not imports. Like the reduction in environmental regs to prop up coal, this is jobs theater. 

Instead, we will probably lose jobs in industries using steel.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Quote:Would you care to expand on the OP Mr. History buff?

No. Nazi morons like you elected a turd and now we all have to suffer.

I know you are so proud.  You give his photo a "Heil Trump" every morning?
This would devastating the Canadian economy  Sad in both imports exports and manufacturing . Thousands of jobs could be at risk and it will be Rural communities that will feel the bit most.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Jenny A nailed it: 'jobs theater'.

I expect that Trump's pandering to his base will only intensify as he increasingly feels the squeeze from the Mueller investigation. The one thing you can count on with Trump is that it's all about him all the time. No policy idea is too bad to be considered, so long as the dipshits who voted for him think it will benefit them or otherwise represents their "values". They are all he has left, and he knows it.

I am not a fan of tariffs and trade wars. But that's what you would expect from a neo-liberal internationalist. That reminds me, I need to renew my Illuminati membership this month.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up President Biden orders mass deportation of immigrants onlinebiker 135 5765 September 22, 2021 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  One of the Co-founders of Taliban,Likely to be Afghanistan New President WinterHold 134 12816 August 24, 2021 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Boris Jhonson leg raise WinterHold 8 1074 August 23, 2019 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  President "Hickenlooper?" Brian37 3 484 March 4, 2019 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  BREAKING:The Turkish president refused to accept the U.S National Security Advisor WinterHold 1 441 January 9, 2019 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  President Bush The Smarter Has Passed Away Minimalist 101 5442 December 5, 2018 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  OP/ED of Tariffs and Taxes. Brian37 0 198 July 30, 2018 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Brian37
  More Rut Ro Raggy for President Sh*thole Brian37 5 738 July 28, 2018 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  President knew about tower meeting. Brian37 21 1583 July 28, 2018 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Tape of Trump and Cohen and Playboy model Brian37 10 1867 July 20, 2018 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Brian37