Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about caffeine
Question about caffeine
Doctors recommend around 3 cups of coffee a day. Did any of you for a long time consumed around 6 cups and how you felt?
RE: Question about caffeine
(August 2, 2018 at 5:51 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Doctors recommend around 3 cups of coffee a day. Did any of you for a long time consumed around 6 cups and how you felt?

I drank coffee, lots of coffee, in the Navy. Abnormal environment for speculations, however. I never got wired out on it unless I was in day three of a crisis of something and hadn't been getting sleep.
(August 2, 2018 at 5:51 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Doctors recommend around 3 cups of coffee a day. Did any of you for a long time consumed around 6 cups and how you felt?

Who the hell recommends that??
(August 2, 2018 at 6:25 am)Mathilda Wrote:

Who the hell recommends that??
One cup is 8 oz.
(August 2, 2018 at 6:28 am)purplepurpose Wrote:
(August 2, 2018 at 6:25 am)Mathilda Wrote: Who the hell recommends that??
One cup is 8 oz.

Sorry don't know what the metric equivalent is of an ounce.

But my question was, who recommends caffeine every day and why?
(August 2, 2018 at 6:33 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(August 2, 2018 at 6:28 am)purplepurpose Wrote: One cup is 8 oz.

Sorry don't know what the metric equivalent is of an ounce.

But my question was, who recommends caffeine every day and why?

I got it wrong. The recommendation was not to start drinking it every day but for those who already drink it constantly.
Sounds like bad advice to me. Even if you get into the habit of it, you can kick the habit over a weekend or a holiday. You may get a headache for the first day or two but as long as you make sure to catch up on your sleep then your body resets itself. From memory caffeine has a half life of 9 hours.

I went from drinking two double coffees a day for several months to quitting completely and not touching it again for half a year. The problem I found when drinking caffeine is that it disturbs my sleep so I wake up tired and need more coffee to wake up. Sleep is immensely important to your general health.
Coffee on the hour, every hour!
It doesn't seem to have much effect on me, maybe my system has adapted to it, I just like the taste. The only thing I do is switch to de caff after 7:00 pm
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

It's not recommended but studies have indicated that regular consumption of coffee are linked to some health benefits. Some of the benefits are also observed in those who drink decaf coffee. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28675917
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

I've never consumed that much, but I am rather sensitive to caffeine.  Three cups is enough to give me a caffeine overdose where I end up sick and jittery.

The most I will drink is two cups.