Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mangers and "Star Wars"
Mangers and "Star Wars"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...00103.html

I wonder what Christians think about the rising number of "Jedi" in the world? I find it interesting that there were more atheist displays than Christian.

Still, the wisdom of one particularly scruffy nerf-herder stands: "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no substitute for a good blaster at your side."
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Mangers and "Star Wars"
(December 14, 2010 at 5:29 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Still, the wisdom of one particularly scruffy nerf-herder stands: "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no substitute for a good blaster at your side."

I used to be part of a freethought movement that sought to bring together a variety of freethinkers under one banner (atheists, agnostics, deists, pantheists and transcendentalists).

In one geeky moment on the discussion forum, we came up with a mock-preview of a movie called "Culture Wars", which was about the "Reason Alliance" and their struggle with the Evil Christian Empire (and on the side, a few battles with Islama the Hutt). Main characters would be representative of the movement, including Luke Skywalker the deist and Han Solo the atheist.

"Poetic flourishes and ancient questions are no substitute for a good Occam's Razor at your side."

"You don't believe in God, do you?"

"Kid, I've been from one end of this world to another. I've seen a lot of strange things but nothing to convince me that there's some mysterious First Cause behind it all."

And then there's Darth Vader's great quote: "I find your lack of faith (pause) disturbing" (as he's killing a non-believer). Needless to say, the pope would make a great emperor, as others have already noted.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(December 14, 2010 at 5:48 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: In one geeky moment on the discussion forum, we came up with a mock-preview of a movie called "Culture Wars"

Not to be creepy or anything but from one nerd to another: that was sexy.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(December 14, 2010 at 5:48 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Needless to say, the pope would make a great emperor, as others have already noted.

You give the pope too much credit. The emperor had an air of aweful effectiveness, the pope only has an air of bumbling creepiness.

I long for the day when xtians greet each other by saying " May the Farce be with you."
I would definitely help put together a Star Wars display for the holidays.
(December 14, 2010 at 5:48 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(December 14, 2010 at 5:29 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote: Still, the wisdom of one particularly scruffy nerf-herder stands: "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no substitute for a good blaster at your side."

I used to be part of a freethought movement that sought to bring together a variety of freethinkers under one banner (atheists, agnostics, deists, pantheists and transcendentalists).

In one geeky moment on the discussion forum, we came up with a mock-preview of a movie called "Culture Wars", which was about the "Reason Alliance" and their struggle with the Evil Christian Empire (and on the side, a few battles with Islama the Hutt). Main characters would be representative of the movement, including Luke Skywalker the deist and Han Solo the atheist.

"Poetic flourishes and ancient questions are no substitute for a good Occam's Razor at your side."

"You don't believe in God, do you?"

"Kid, I've been from one end of this world to another. I've seen a lot of strange things but nothing to convince me that there's some mysterious First Cause behind it all."

And then there's Darth Vader's great quote: "I find your lack of faith (pause) disturbing" (as he's killing a non-believer). Needless to say, the pope would make a great emperor, as others have already noted.

This may be the coolest thing I have ever read! Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For the Victims of the Afghan and Iraq Wars... raffaction 29 3135 August 24, 2016 at 6:00 am
Last Post: InsaneDane
  "Status Wars" littlegrimlin1 10 3767 April 19, 2010 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: littlegrimlin1