Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your landmark events.
Your landmark events.
I divide my school years up in two grand parts, pre-11-22-63 and post-. Then May, 29, 1969, joined the USN. Mar. 13, 1972, was another milestone. After that it was marriage, college, marriage, marriage, marriage.
RE: Your landmark events.
Losing my fingers should be one, but I don't usually think about it that way. It didn't really impact me that much, emotionally. Moving from the town I grew up in to the big city. That's one. I've always loved big cities, and I was so excited to be moving here. And finally, being selected for a pilot math program for gifted children. I didn't get a lot of validation as a kid, growing up in the shadow of very accomplished twin sisters, so that really meant a lot to me.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
-Getting blown up

-Getting jailed for handing someone a beer

-The death of my father

-Meeting Ellen

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
*still waiting*
Only 2 phases to me.

Before sex :nerdy angry boy Sad
After Sex: nerdy happy boy Naughty

And then you die, bitches! Big Grin (sad but true)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I can tie my own shoes.
1-5-2005 - retirement.
Moving from a small town of 15k to London in my 20s.
The day I graduated college
9/11/01

-Teresaa
1959- Year I was born! You should all be thankful!
1976- First sexual experience with a real female
1977- Graduated from High School and got into punk rock! (and college)
1984- Daughter number one
1986- Son number one
1987- Opened my own restaurant
1996- Daughter number two
2016- Grandson number one
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

I devide my life up into four main stages. My early childhood spent growing up in the southern Californian desert. Which is ages 0-10

Then up to high school, in rural eastern Washington would be my second phase. Which started with us moving. So I devide that phase based on that big move, and my mother got remarried, so everything was pretty different than my life before.

Next phase would be adulthood, starting at 18 when I moved out. This was sort of an aimless stretch of time. I went to college but didn't really know what I wanted to do. I lived in Seattle for a couple of years, then moved bqck out to eastern Washington. I was very just not sure what I was doing, didn't have much of a social life, just sort of existing. That lasted until I was 27.

That's when everything changed for the better for me. I started rock climbing more and more and then gave up my apartment to go to Alaska and work a summer in the fishing industry. It was up there that I first experienced traveling in it's truest sense. I stayed at hostels and then bought the first tent I had ever owned and went on a hitchhiking trip for the first time. I hitched a thousand miles + with a guy named Beau that I had met there.
When I got back to the mainland, I decided I wanted to travel more, and I went on a road trip that has lasted from 2009 until now. I've been to every state but two (Hawaii and North Dakota) Mexico, Canada, all the central american countries minus Belize, all the South American countries on the west coast, Australia and this winter I biked the whole length of Spain. So this phase is definitely the best one.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you used "social distancing concerns" as an excuse to avoid social events? Duty 10 572 September 16, 2020 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII