Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about prayer.
Question about prayer.
Why God if He exists according to so many people can't show his mercy and grace by healing kids dying of cancer? I bet most of the parents pray for their kids and yet many die.
RE: Question about prayer.
God's plan is beyond our understanding. He allows the deaths of innocents for the greater good..

Make of that theistic nonsense what you will.
(September 27, 2018 at 11:51 am)Kit Wrote: God's plan is beyond our understanding.  He allows the deaths of innocents for the greater good..

Make of that theistic nonsense what you will.

Quote should say - "God doesn't answer prayers for the greater good. Shut up, you will be paid in heaven". Even the fundamental part of religion that is bombarded in to peoples minds to attract them is fake.
Well, since the asshat of creation is omniscient, prayer is useless. Either little Timmy is going to survive the agonzing, brutal disease he has been afflicted with or he won't. And, the asshat who started it all, knew this, when it started it all.
God is a dick.
(September 27, 2018 at 11:49 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Why God if He exists according to so many people can't show his mercy and grace by healing kids dying of cancer? I bet most of the parents pray for their kids and yet many die.

No good Christian has ever prayed for ...

An end to war.
An end to hunger.
An end to hate.
An end to evil. 

Either that or prayer doesn't work. I do believe there are good people out there, somewhere, and some of them are Christians (probably by happenstance), so I'm thinking prayer just doesn't work.
I predict that theists will promise great reparations in heaven for kids who died here early.
(September 27, 2018 at 11:49 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Why God if He exists according to so many people can't show his mercy and grace by healing kids dying of cancer? I bet most of the parents pray for their kids and yet many die.

You’re talking about the god that supposedly made us sick and commanded us to be well, right? I find it not at all surprising that, if such a being were to exist, it would have no problem ignoring suffering children.

If someone chokes down that nonsense deity they also have to hork down the fact that it doesn’t seem to give a shit about any of us. Deformed/dying children and babies, senseless rape and violence... yup, mysterious ways indeed.

The Christian god is a dick of biblical proportions.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.

I don't understand where people get this mercy and grace stuff from. It says that G-d creates good and evil.
An end to prayer is an end to human suffering, which is only accomplished by the end of corporate greed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On the lunacy of prayer slartibartfast 100 5705 October 12, 2021 at 12:17 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  Global Prayer To End Atheism Foxaèr 60 7794 August 25, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  A prayer to God ... ignoramus 10 1051 May 3, 2019 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What do you think prayer is? vulcanlogician 44 6124 February 2, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 63240 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Prayer Athena777 181 16450 December 13, 2016 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  is collective prayer any more effective? ReptilianPeon 65 8357 June 14, 2016 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  imprisonment, rioting, killing - over PRAYER drfuzzy 15 4011 October 31, 2015 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  My thoughts on prayer dyresand 25 6049 October 14, 2015 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Biblical Prayer Contradictions Salacious B. Crumb 143 19906 July 4, 2015 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb