Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Prayer To End Atheism
Global Prayer To End Atheism
An actual event on Facebook.
Quote:THURSDAY, AUGUST 12, 2021 AT 2 PM EDT
Global prayer to end atheism
Online Event

1.6k people responded
653 going
923 interested

Hilarious
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Global Prayer To End Atheism
Lol. I thought we were past this.
So atheism is more detrimental to the human species than say....... cancer, MS, Ebola, pandemics?

Good to know.
This may be a bunch-o-POE's and they be jones'n bad.

Additional embedded links.

https://www.facebook.com/SayNoToTheAtheism/?fref=tag

https://www.facebook.com/atheismhoax/

http://www.atheismhoax.com/go/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 3, 2021 at 10:19 pm)brewer Wrote: This may be a bunch-o-POE's and they be jones'n bad.

Additional embedded links.

https://www.facebook.com/SayNoToTheAtheism/?fref=tag

https://www.facebook.com/atheismhoax/

http://www.atheismhoax.com/go/

I looked over the links, and I'm experiencing "Poe myopia".. for the life of me, I can't tell if it's genuine or not. I guess that's the the whole premise of the poe phenomenon to begin with.

I guess I could look into the profiles of active members, but that would require logging in to Facebook. And, that's just too much to ask.
They clearly don't want to end atheism, or they'd do something other than pray. People who pray know better than people who don't how ineffective prayer is.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 4, 2021 at 12:15 am)The Grand Nudger Wrote: They clearly don't want to end atheism, or they'd do something other than pray.  People who pray know better than people who don't how ineffective prayer is.

This reminds me of a time I went to a Nichiren Buddhist meeting. I was instructed to concentrate on something I wanted, like a job, new car, affections of a woman... and via the chanting of "Nam myoho renge kyo" such things would be manifested.

The Nichirens are very unlike other Buddhists, who might reject a focus on materiality or contingency as being against the spirit of the Four Noble Truths. They are also a bit evangelical and culty.

So this woman spent a good half hour going over literature with me and telling me all about how to "manifest my desires." And she was really selling me up on it. At this point I was really regretting going to the meeting but (out of politeness, I didn't up and leave). An old couple I'd met talked me into going, and I was interested in Buddhism at the time. So I went.

Anyway, the cult leadership had determined that the topic for everyone to discuss that evening was "things not being manifested" and how to cope. After all the salesmanship practiced by the one woman at the start, she probably wanted to crawl under a rock when half the people there said that they couldn't manifest ANYTHING as of late.
(August 4, 2021 at 12:43 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: This reminds me of a time I went to a Nichiren Buddhist meeting...

Eww... I was down that rabbit hole for nearly 10 years (extricated myself circa 1997-1998 or so). That cult bears very little relationship to mainstream Buddhism - kind of like a prosperity-gospel group with "Jesus" scratched out and "Nichiren" written in in crayon.
[Image: 158939850_128276939297515_57624769223014...e=613064B7]
Here's a meme from their page. So much derp.

1.The bible was fine with slavery and Christians were fine with slavery and you don't get points for ending the practice you did forever.

2.If racism is secular then please tell that to all the Confederates whose views on slavery and race came directly from their religion( but of course they got it wrong lol)

3.There are no Atheist regimes because you can't build a regime on disbelief. These regimes killed in the name of authoritarianism, not Atheism.

4.Please tell that to all the colonizers who used religion to justify their conquests and exploitations ( but of course they got it wrong lol)

5. Statistics, please

It's probably fake
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

I was touched by a pre-event test prayer. IT BURNS!

Wait, just the stove.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Status of Global Christianity 2024: In Context of 1900-2050. JJoseph 25 1055 February 12, 2024 at 2:08 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  On the lunacy of prayer slartibartfast 100 5430 October 12, 2021 at 12:17 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  I dreamt that when you die, you end up flying in darkness. But in the midst of it Edge92 27 1624 June 12, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3494 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  A prayer to God ... ignoramus 10 1046 May 3, 2019 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question about prayer. purplepurpose 27 5697 October 4, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Drich
  What do you think prayer is? vulcanlogician 44 6087 February 2, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: emjay
Thumbs Down END TIMES COMPENDIUM IAOALGIV 111 23956 August 23, 2017 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  So can god end his own existence? Vast Vision 53 14035 July 27, 2017 at 1:51 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Can prayer change God's perfect plan? MellisaClarke 217 63163 May 23, 2017 at 8:33 am
Last Post: SteveII