Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My cat is the weirdest thing
My cat is the weirdest thing
We recently had an infestation of fleas, must be the dirty neighbors.

The cat has refused to jump off the bed and go into the kitchen to eat where her bowls are located.  All the while, she's scratching herself like crazy.

We got that stuff you put on their necks.  Didn't do crap.  We got some all-natural stuff we sprayed on her and around the place.  That seemed to work.

Temporarily.

The cat is back to not wanting to jump off the bed.

This morning I carried her to the kitchen where I placed her on the counter and moved her bowls from the floor to the counter.  Then she ate.

What am I going to do?  I guess it's time to try a flea collar?
RE: My cat is the weirdest thing
(October 8, 2018 at 9:58 am)Kit Wrote: We recently had an infestation of fleas, must be the dirty neighbors.

The cat has refused to jump off the bed and go into the kitchen to eat where her bowls are located.  All the while, she's scratching herself like crazy.

We got that stuff you put on their necks.  Didn't do crap.  We got some all-natural stuff we sprayed on her and around the place.  That seemed to work.

Temporarily.

This morning I carried her to the kitchen where I placed her on the counter and moved her bowls from the floor to the counter.  Then she ate.

My cat hated my old house, but he had every right to be, I didn't take care of it because I was spending most of the time taking care of my late mother. Holy crap was he happy when I got the new one..

Never hurts to call a vet to ask them what they'd recommend. I do know some cats freak out with anything around their neck. My cat won't wear one he'll pull a Penn & Teller and get out of it..
Sevin. It will kick the shit out of fleas.
Clean your floor/carpets/rugs e.t.c thoroughly, then kick your cat off the bed!
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(October 8, 2018 at 10:18 am)Aoi Magi Wrote: Clean your floor/carpets/rugs e.t.c thoroughly, then kick your cat off the bed!

And your shoes become litter boxes. Hehe
(October 8, 2018 at 9:58 am)Kit Wrote: We recently had an infestation of fleas, must be the dirty neighbors.

Temporarily.

We had fleas the one time, when we lived out in the country.  Tried all sorts of stuff.  Finally heard about placing rock salt (like the stuff you put out to melt ice) in containers with some holes in it (or a place the cat can't get into such as under a stand).   It either killed or drove away all the fleas.   We didn't even seem have them in the yard afterwards.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Call the landlord if you think the origination is the neighbors. 

Then shave the cat.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Flea bath. Expect some scratches, lol.

Before you let the newly clean kitty run around clean the carpets, bed linens and cloth furniture. There’s some good sites that can give you the proper info on what stuff to use while cleaning.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
Fleas spend most of their time off the animals, so treat the floors and carpets. As I said, Sevin will do the trick. Infestation over in one day. A light dusting should do it. I used it on the cats directly in the process.

Temporarily.

I can give you a long lecture in flea biology but I'll spare you. When your cat has fleas and you see them in the house, you have a homeinfestation. 95% of the fleas in a home infestation are in the house, not on the cat. When you treat with a spot on, it will kill the fleas on your cat, but won't control the fleas in the house. You will keep seeing new fleas for about 3 months, and you may actually see an increase at first. Unless you set the house on fire, you have to be patient and keep your cat treated without fail. You can use an environmental treatment in the house and vacuum very often to speed it up, but you will probably see at least some for quite a while. They will die if you keep all of your pets treated, I promise.

Don't bathe her, don't use sevin, never use a product for dogs on a cat, and be really careful what you put on her neck. 

Look for spot on products with the active ingredients called fipronil or imidacloprid is good, a Seresto collar is best IMO. I would be happy to help you find a solution or answer any questions if you want, I am a veterinary parasitologist.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  That unofficial cat thread. Brian37 13 1237 October 21, 2023 at 3:40 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  The best thing about ____________ ( fill in blank) onlinebiker 3 303 March 13, 2022 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I just found the coolest thing on the planet The Valkyrie 5 550 July 14, 2021 at 7:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  One thing I hate about the human language. Brian37 13 1106 June 25, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Help Making Indoor Cat into Outdoor cat. vulcanlogician 22 1973 May 1, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 2085 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The good thing about being forgetful and bills.... Brian37 13 682 July 25, 2020 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  My cat is sneezing WinterHold 22 2485 April 26, 2020 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Say the nicest thing about the user above. Mystic 26 1835 October 7, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The biggest thing I've learned as I've got older is... robvalue 80 4893 September 27, 2018 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Hobbitgirl