Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That unofficial cat thread.
That unofficial cat thread.
For cat lovers. Past or present, tell us your cat stories, cute, or rescue, or feeding, or play, anything. 

My current cats are a sister/brother pair. One is named Kelly, because two months before I got the pair I got a real Tweet from Jaclyn Smith who played Kelly on Charlie's Angels. Her brother is named Anneplath (pronounced "Ann-a-plath" a hybrid name of two of my favorite poets Anne Sexton and Sylvia Plath) . 

But they both have their own personalities like humans of course. Kelly likes to play with a tiny plush fish shaped toy, she bats it around like a hocky puck, but she is really smart. She has learned that if she can get it stuck under the utility shelf, she knows I will get up and use a stick to get it unstuck so she can play with it again. She also likes sleeping on my foot when I have them flat on my bed laying down with my knees in the air. I don't know why she thinks they are comfortable, but she is saying " I own you."

Anneplath is a bit more independent but at night sometimes he will suddenly jump on the bed and run onto my chest like a "thank you" or "I love you". 

I do have to say however, my prior cat Sarah, he was my best friend ever. He was more like a friendly lost happy puppy. He always wanted to be around me. and would always snuggle up to me in bed, but the best part was in the morning, he would crawl up my side in bed and dig his nose into my ear to get me to feed him.
RE: That unofficial cat thread.
My cat, Blue, adopted us ten years ago. He has become more and more social over the years though you have to be ready for a swat (with claws) or a nip if you pet just one time too many. We never know which will be the too many.

He has never had an interest in our parrots and pretty much ignored the dogs until we got Harley. He plays with her and even snuggles now and then with her.

Blue is a talker. He also herds me into the room where his food is kept (to keep it safe from the dogs) by waiting at the bathroom door for me to come out. Then he yowls and trots to the room looking back and fussing to make sure I am following him.

His favorite thing is when I open windows so he can sleep on the windowsill in the fresh air.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Always get rescues when I have a vacancy. Three indoors, three outdoors right now. The Backyardigans were four, hazards of being free I guess. They're safe in my yard, food, shelter, fenced in.

[Image: il_794xN.487906080_px84.jpg]
We have four, three normies (as far as cats go) and one that is teetotal fucknuts crazy. I’ve seen Guinevere (Jenny for short) eat garlic cloves, raw onion, lemon pound cake, peanut shells, cabbage, and pasta. She has taught herself to turn lights in the house off and on. She manages to take things out of the toaster - while it’s on - without burning herself. If we leave keys out, she’ll hide them. We have to lock up unopened sacks of dry cat food - she’ll tear into them, even when her food dish is full. And once, when I was pan searing diced pork, she fished piece out of the hot oil without burning herself. If we move her food dish as much as six inches while she’s eating, she can’t find it and goes into full panic mode.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: 20231020-121544.jpg]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 20, 2023 at 12:15 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: We have four, three normies (as far as cats go) and one that is teetotal fucknuts crazy. I’ve seen Guinevere (Jenny for short) eat garlic cloves, raw onion, lemon pound cake, peanut shells, cabbage, and pasta. She has taught herself to turn lights in the house off and on. She manages to take things out of the toaster - while it’s on - without burning herself. If we leave keys out, she’ll hide them. We have to lock up unopened sacks of dry cat food - she’ll tear into them, even when her food dish is full. And once, when I was pan searing diced pork, she fished piece out of the hot oil without burning herself. If we move her food dish as much as six inches while she’s eating, she can’t find it and goes into full panic mode.

Boru

Never bored, are ya?
(October 20, 2023 at 1:32 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(October 20, 2023 at 12:15 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: We have four, three normies (as far as cats go) and one that is teetotal fucknuts crazy. I’ve seen Guinevere (Jenny for short) eat garlic cloves, raw onion, lemon pound cake, peanut shells, cabbage, and pasta. She has taught herself to turn lights in the house off and on. She manages to take things out of the toaster - while it’s on - without burning herself. If we leave keys out, she’ll hide them. We have to lock up unopened sacks of dry cat food - she’ll tear into them, even when her food dish is full. And once, when I was pan searing diced pork, she fished piece out of the hot oil without burning herself. If we move her food dish as much as six inches while she’s eating, she can’t find it and goes into full panic mode.

Boru

Never bored, are ya?

The wee girl IS entertaining and no mistake.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Three here, plus a few backyardigans. Clyde, the tom, is 26 pounds and 1 meter long. Huge but not fat according to the vet. His sister is a normal orange tabby. She's very chill and ghosts a lot.

Then there's Cyndi aka Tiny Tiger, Asshole, GET-YER-CLAWS-OUT-ME-!!!, etc. She was here first and so has no use for johnny-come-lately hummies. Like my wife.
Officially bummed.

I thought it was a recipe thread.

0/10 would not reccomend!
(October 20, 2023 at 2:06 pm)no one Wrote: Officially bummed.

I thought it was a recipe thread.

0/10 would not reccomend!

Best to eat pussy while it's still warm.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Making Indoor Cat into Outdoor cat. vulcanlogician 22 1992 May 1, 2021 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  What'sa matta, cat got your question? Brian37 49 2154 January 2, 2021 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My cat is sneezing WinterHold 22 2490 April 26, 2020 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4162 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  My cat is the weirdest thing Foxaèr 17 1768 October 9, 2018 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Mermaid
  My cat is the worst thing ever! Foxaèr 14 3063 April 24, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Heart The Cat thread Martian Mermaid 7 998 November 17, 2017 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Ninja cat..... Brian37 23 3895 October 25, 2017 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  The Copy-Cat WinterHold 10 1502 May 3, 2017 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  AF Members as Cat Memes Re-animated Mystical 361 85641 December 21, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: Mystical