Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Pizza Pie, thats asbsurdity!
Big Pizza Pie, thats asbsurdity!
If anyone like me, has ever worked delivery and gotten an asshole irate customer with no patience in bad weather. This is for you.

I will admit, I am a fucking wimp. I cant imagine what pizza delivery drivers go through in Oklahoma. Customer, "Can you get my pizza to me before the F-5 levels my house?" I cant imagine what a pizza delivery driver goes through in Hawaii. Customer, "Can you get my pizza to me before the lava flow burns down my house." Meanwhile in Japan, "That's nothing, we deliver during tsunamis". California, "I know you are trapped in the collapsed garage, but how cold will my pizza be?"

Having worked in pizza delivery in bad weather, to the customers. JUST FUCKING KNOCK IT OFF! We are not 9-1-1, we are not EMTs so if you are dying CALL 9-1-1, otherwise HAVE SOME FUCKING PATIENCE.

I have literally had customers call me up during ice storms, and scream EVEN when it isn't over 30 minutes, "Where is my pizza?"

My response, FUCK YOU, you're not paying for my car insurance or hospital bills. 
RE: Big Pizza Pie, thats asbsurdity!
Other than that how's your day going?
(October 10, 2018 at 11:56 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Other than that how's your day going?

Reminds me of the joke, "Other than that Marry Todd, how was the play?" What? Too soon?

Point of my humor here is customers really need to stop buying into what big corporations do, pit them against the front end low level employees. 

It isn't the end of the world if you have to wait. Especially if you don't know the possible lack of staff and or supplies or the daily conditions the person behind the counter has to deal with.
I always have a friendly chat with the pizza delivery guys, especially when I have them deliver in bad weather.

Just be patient, they'll get there.
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 10, 2018 at 12:10 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I always have a friendly chat with the pizza delivery guys, especially when I have them deliver in bad weather.

Thank you! 

I have been on both ends, so I never get angry because I don't know how much of a dick the franchise owner is in cutting staff or supplies, having worked for  such a dick. And especially with bad weather. We are not firemen running into a burning house to save you.

And what is it with bad weather you know is coming. Especially snowstorms. Local news, " EPIC BLIZZARD TO HIT YOUR AREA AND DUMP 20 MILLION FEET OF SNOW......' Meanwhile at Walmart HQ CEO boardroom, "GOODIE GOODIE GOODIE"....

Me, "Ok assholes, why the fuck are you calling me up riding my ass, when I saw you on the news clearing the shelves at Walmart?" How does snow magically make someone forget how to use their microwave or oven?
Lightbulb 
We live so far out in the boonies that I have to bribe the delivery guy.

A ten spot tip usually works - on slow nights.
(October 10, 2018 at 12:10 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: I always have a friendly chat with the pizza delivery guys, especially when I have them deliver in bad weather.

My delivery guys see the target shilouette in the front window, with the center blown out nicely, and say "Yeah, I remember this place." Boss Lady's a damn good shot.
(October 10, 2018 at 12:22 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

My delivery guys see the target shilouette in the front window, with the center blown out nicely, and say "Yeah, I remember this place." Boss Lady's a damn good shot.

TRUE STORY.... And I really did put my foot down with this guy's joke. 

I was working delivery when the D.C. snipers were not caught yet. One of my fellow co workers took a red sharpie and drew cross hairs on the bottom of the box and wrote, "you're next". NOT FUNNY! I get dark humor, but context and time matter. Even if I had found that funny at the time, if he had really taken that box to a customer, he could have been in a shitload of trouble.
Ah, you're no fun!
(October 10, 2018 at 12:32 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Ah, you're no fun!

Too risky, even if you are just joking, just like there are certain things you don't joke about at airports, even when you don't mean it. 

Reminds me of another true story. I once was at a public park drinking a "Dad's Root Beer" that back then, was in a brown glass bottle, looked like a beer bottle. A park employee came up to me and said, "Sir, you're going to need to poor that out." He thought it was beer.

But ever since I joked about that story with others, "Hey, just pull up to a cop at a traffic light, hang the Dad's Root Beer bottle out of your window, slur your speech and say, "Hosslsah ya dduuing ossifer?" Although I wouldn't recommend it in reality.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ladies, have you ever faked the big O? ignoramus 39 4724 April 30, 2018 at 5:25 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  I love this Big Bang Theory Clip with Brian Greene. Brian37 0 391 January 12, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Big Bang Theory Neil Tyson joke Brian37 1 1495 May 18, 2016 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Hawaiian pizza. Brian37 9 1656 November 28, 2014 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Mequa
  Pineapples disprove Big Bang Foxaèr 58 13966 June 15, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Pandas United