Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening with Youtube? (or The Great YouTube outage of 2018)
What's happening with Youtube? (or The Great YouTube outage of 2018)
I have no hope that anyone here will help with this, but it appears that YouTube is down. I was going to post a video of the Saved By The Bell theme for the Safety Coffin thread, but I was not able to play it. I was eventually able to search for it, but the front page is pure white, and maybe if you try to search for and play something, it'll just go into static. I cleared my cache, then I found out little had changed. Logged out, there's actually a front page, but videos are still unplayable. If you log in, forget it.

Fortunately, it looks like other people have noticed it and it's not just me. Given that it's the #2 website on the planet, there's got to be somebody working on it.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: What's happening with Youtube? (or The Great YouTube outage of 2018)
down here too in Au.

Too many cat videos crashed it! hahaha
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Okay, Team YouTube tweeted this 34 minutes ago: “Thanks for your reports about YouTube, YouTube TV and YouTube Music access issues. We're working on resolving this and will let you know once fixed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will keep you updated.”

I was on YouTube earlier this evening and everything went kaput. I wasn't able to log out. Panic
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Jerry plugged in the coffee machine again.
Dying to live, living to die.
The site is working fine for me. Guess I'm special.
It looks like it's finally working. The interface looks gaudy as shit, but at least it's working.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why won't YouTube let me upload this video? FlatAssembler 21 2166 April 19, 2022 at 8:17 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Internet Speed 2018 Iroscato 20 2598 April 19, 2018 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Damn, they're over 30 years old and sound FUCKING GREAT !! vorlon13 4 938 September 14, 2016 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Youtube and gmail... Help! Cyberman 9 1600 October 3, 2015 at 7:15 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Youtube Copyright Disaster! Angry Rant (beware F Bombs ahead) Gooders1002 11 3181 December 17, 2013 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Firefox 23, embedded flash (youtube) and https pocaracas 4 2237 August 8, 2013 at 11:13 am
Last Post: pocaracas