Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vomiting and Fainting? Come On.
Vomiting and Fainting? Come On.
Netflix' horror series 'The Haunting Of Hill House' is terrific.  I'm not a huge fan of the horror genre, but this was really good.  Production is high, well written, well acted, suspenseful and keeps you guessing.

But there are reports that it is SO scary that viewers are vomiting and passing out while watching.  Seriously?  You're that far off of being able to tell the difference between fiction and reality that you're puke-fainting because of a television programme?

Dafuq is wrong with people?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Vomiting and Fainting? Come On.
Sum folks iz stupid!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(October 21, 2018 at 6:26 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

But there are reports that it is SO scary

I binge watched the series a few days ago. I enjoyed it.

I also have to agree with your assessment of what scares people. Such freakin' pussies. It takes a great deal to scare me, and I haven't been scared by a movie since I was a kid.

I remember those commercials advertising Stephen King's books. His books were supposed to be scary, but I read them without being scared.
I watched the first one as far as "pussy parade", I think. Wasn't caring about those people.
(October 21, 2018 at 6:43 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I watched the first one as far as "pussy parade", I think. Wasn't caring about those people.

Yeah, it starts slow.  It gets a helluva lot better as it goes on. 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 21, 2018 at 7:25 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 21, 2018 at 6:43 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I watched the first one as far as "pussy parade", I think. Wasn't caring about those people.

Yeah, it starts slow.  It gets a helluva lot better as it goes on. 

Boru
Noted.

Boss Lady's going to watch it, I'll see what she says. She's knows my tastes.
Wimps.
Dying to live, living to die.
It's definitely scary, it's got those Victorian looking ghosts, those are scary as fuck. The bowler hat guy and the flat cap kid.

What annoyed me was how similar the characters looked, it took me ages to memorize the names to the faces.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I hear good things.

Looking forward to it

Can't beat a good horror.
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 21, 2018 at 6:26 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Netflix' horror series 'The Haunting Of Hill House' is terrific.  I'm not a huge fan of the horror genre, but this was really good.  Production is high, well written, well acted, suspenseful and keeps you guessing.

But there are reports that it is SO scary that viewers are vomiting and passing out while watching.  Seriously?  You're that far off of being able to tell the difference between fiction and reality that you're puke-fainting because of a television programme?

Dafuq is wrong with people?

Boru

I am thinking that I would hit the 'off' button before getting to the point of vomiting (I am vehemently against anything that may cause me to vomit).  Of course the only thing I can think of that I could watch that would induce vomiting would be something along of lines of 'Two Girls, One Cup' and I am not going to test that theory.

If you can't take a horror movie and are so delicate that you may swoon...maybe you should pick another genre.

Some people are just stupid...and there's no cure.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Come and knock on our door. Brian37 0 622 October 7, 2023 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why do we always come here? Brian37 9 761 August 8, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I do not come from a land down under. Brian37 14 1294 May 6, 2021 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  From the shadows I come. Mystic 14 1391 October 24, 2017 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Come and knock on my door. Brian37 1 434 April 21, 2016 at 9:50 am
Last Post: vorlon13