Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegans & meat grown in a lab
Vegans & meat grown in a lab
As a vegan would you eat meat that was grown in a lab ?
Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result
RE: Vegans & meat grown in a lab
I'm not a vegan, but I'm am really curious to see how lab grown meat tastes.

I think "lab grown" is a term that will eventually have to go. It makes it seem funny tasting right off the bat. In any case, if it tastes good, I would stop eating regular meat altogether.
In theory, I would. I’m vegan primarily because of ethics. In practice it's unlikely I'd be able to stomach it as I’ve grown to find meat repulsive.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
At work.

(October 21, 2018 at 11:57 pm)Rahn127 Wrote: As a vegan would you eat meat that was grown in a lab ?

And here by the title I was looking to reply if I'd eat a "Vat grown vegan". Tongue

As to the question at hand?

Yes. At a base level protien etc is still protien.

Heck I'd be game to try the bread that's been formed out of dried and ground up crickets. Smile

Though if it still looks like a bug or what ever? Yah... I can't even eat prawns 'As is' and don't get me started on my barf reaction to oysters and mussles. Tongue
I am not a vegan, I would probably be categorized as a carnivore... but considering I have a few vegan and loads of vegetarian friends, I can tell you that most won't switch over to lab-grown meat, as irrespective of their reasoning behind the choice, almost all of them hate meat itself.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I'm a prototype omnivore.  I'd try lab meat, but I can easily understand why vegans and vegetarians wouldn't.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I woudn't have any objection to it but I wouldn't for health reasons.
(October 22, 2018 at 12:08 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: I'm not a vegan, but I'm am really curious to see how lab grown meat tastes.

I think "lab grown" is a term that will eventually have to go. It makes it seem funny tasting right off the bat. In any case, if it tastes good, I would stop eating regular meat altogether.

I agree.. That term hardly makes your mouth water. What to call it though Thinking

Saying that... I'd give it a go.
(October 22, 2018 at 5:47 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote:
(October 22, 2018 at 12:08 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: I'm not a vegan, but I'm am really curious to see how lab grown meat tastes.

I agree.. That term hardly makes your mouth water. What to call it though  Thinking  

Call it "BioMeat"!

look up BioMeat:nectar if you need more info Hehe
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(October 22, 2018 at 6:05 am)Aoi Magi Wrote:
(October 22, 2018 at 5:47 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: I agree.. That term hardly makes your mouth water. What to call it though  Thinking  

Call it "BioMeat"!

look up BioMeat:nectar if you need more info  Hehe

Aha! You might be onto something there. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is eating hunted meat ethical? Tom Fearnley 236 12064 December 4, 2019 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: no one