Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly restricting photo sizes?
Possibly restricting photo sizes?
Maybe you could restrict photo size to a certain size, as a thumbnail, and if anyone posts bigger picture it stays that restricted size and you have to click on it to enlarge it to full size.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Possibly restricting photo sizes?
Software should have an "automatic resize" option that allows the reader to view the original.
How big do you think the limit should be, and why?

(November 4, 2018 at 6:19 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Software should have an "automatic resize" option that allows the reader to view the original.

This might be problematic as the forum software allows the poster to specify resizing of the image when they post it. Some of the images I've resized are several thousand pixels wide/high.

As a general rule, I'm against having the forum resize images to a standard size. It removes the editorial control I have. I post large pics for some things, small pics for others. There's usually a reason behind it.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 4, 2018 at 10:24 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: How big do you think the limit should be, and why?

(November 4, 2018 at 6:19 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Software should have an "automatic resize" option that allows the reader to view the original.

This might be problematic as the forum software allows the poster to specify resizing of the image when they post it.  Some of the images I've resized are several thousand pixels wide/high.

As a general rule, I'm against having the forum resize images to a standard size.  It removes the editorial control I have.  I post large pics for some things, small pics for others.  There's usually a reason behind it.

I'm not following why that's important.
(November 4, 2018 at 10:34 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(November 4, 2018 at 10:24 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: How big do you think the limit should be, and why?

This might be problematic as the forum software allows the poster to specify resizing of the image when they post it.  Some of the images I've resized are several thousand pixels wide/high.

As a general rule, I'm against having the forum resize images to a standard size.  It removes the editorial control I have.  I post large pics for some things, small pics for others.  There's usually a reason behind it.

I'm not following why that's important.

Because it changes what I'm trying to say with my post.

Additionally, automatically resizing posts would seriously fuck up all the meme threads.
Are you saying "Size matters?"

"Additionally, automatically resizing posts would seriously fuck up all the meme threads."

I am seriously not following you.
(November 4, 2018 at 11:21 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Are you saying "Size matters?"

"Additionally, automatically resizing posts would seriously fuck up all the meme threads."

I am seriously not following you.

If it is done similar to how it was done at TTA, with a small image that could be blown up, the text becomes unreadable and the enjoyment of meme threads drops dramatically, constantly having to resize images just to read them.
Yeah, that was shabby. But the ones I've seen almost everywhere else allow the reader to click on the bar to see the original image. The software displays a reduced size copy but doesn't fuck with the original.
Imgfit is your friend. The same way you'd regularly post an image, except instead of just putting img in the tag, put imgfit there. That way, extremely big photos don't end up fucking up the browser.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(November 4, 2018 at 12:43 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Imgfit is your friend. The same way you'd regularly post an image, except instead of just putting img in the tag, put imgfit there. That way, extremely big photos don't end up fucking up the browser.

We don't have imgfit here, that I know of.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  photo Sharing. PabloTescobar 3 911 September 15, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4789 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Possibly something wrong with rating? tackattack 5 1292 November 19, 2018 at 1:48 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Suggestion: photo album on user profile Catholic_Lady 21 3180 August 31, 2015 at 3:34 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Signature sizes fuckass365 8 3709 April 1, 2012 at 4:46 am
Last Post: fr0d0