Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: photo album on user profile
Suggestion: photo album on user profile
It'd be fun if we each had the option of having an album on our profile where we could post our pictures if we wanted to.  The member's photo thread is awesome, but people's pictures can get lost and are difficult to find amongst all the comments and banter. 

Think about it!  Wink
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Suggestion: photo album on user profile
I guess it depends on whether the software allows it, not sure if that would be possible (?)
I know nothing about the tech side of things, but if it can be done, it would be fun to have it.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
I agree this would be great to have, though it might take up a lot of space.....
Maybe it can be limited somehow.

Curious to hear if it is even possible.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Nice touch. I uploaded all my ancient family photos to Imagebam. Since you can link pictures here, I think it would be possible to host them elsewhere and just link to them in the usual fashion.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The Catholic forum I participated in had a section in people's profiles where you could put some pictures up in an album. They had to be sized down of course, but it worked out! Smile
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
I know vBulletin allows it. I don't know if PHPBB allows it, and if so, if the forum's server has the capacity for them.

(August 30, 2015 at 4:34 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I know vBulletin allows it. I don't know if PHPBB allows it, and if so, if the forum's server has the capacity for them.

But linking to them doesn't eat up server capacity. And there are a lot of free imagehosts around to do the hosting.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 30, 2015 at 4:06 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: I know nothing about the tech side of things, but if it can be done, it would be fun to have it.

Couldn't those who wish to do so simply put a link to a photobucket "album" in their bio, after the 30/30, of course.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(August 30, 2015 at 4:36 pm)SnakeOilWarrior Wrote:
(August 30, 2015 at 4:06 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: I know nothing about the tech side of things, but if it can be done, it would be fun to have it.

Couldn't those who wish to do so simply put a link to a photobucket "album" in their bio, after the 30/30, of course.

They could definitely do that!
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User Name problem william northam 1 966 October 24, 2020 at 6:43 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  photo Sharing. PabloTescobar 3 912 September 15, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4805 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Suggestion: Install Soma Tablet Depositories On All Threads Violet 17 2474 May 3, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Suggestion: atheism source links Foxaèr 3 1089 April 28, 2019 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  User profile mobile issue tackattack 0 670 November 18, 2018 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Possibly restricting photo sizes? Fake Messiah 31 2761 November 5, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Does this already exist? If not, count it as a suggestion Reltzik 26 2948 October 3, 2018 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Joods
  Sub forum suggestion Joods 2 974 July 15, 2018 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Code suggestion Joods 30 4810 May 21, 2018 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet