Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone must be have a law degree?
Everyone must be have a law degree?
I am so fucking sick of this shit of corporate America, having you sign shit as if you have to have a law degree.

There is this thing called trust.

Ok, so prior to the hurricane, I was feeling bloated, went to get checked to make sure I din't have a colon blockage. Got multiple tests done, including an x-ray, blood tests and ultra sound. Turned out to be a urinary infection. A couple antibiotics later, badda boom, fine. Ok, but when I left, I had the cash to pay on debt card and thought I had paid in full for everything when I left.

BUT NO, get a bill today from the SUB CONTRACTED Radiology company, which BILLS separately from the urgent care place I went to. NOBODY FUCKING TOLD ME. It isn't about the money, sure it is a rip off, but when I left, I thought I had paid for everything.

I really don't want to hear about how the private sector is perfect compared to government. If these two separate companies whom deal with each other had their shit straight, I wouldn't have been blindsided with a bill way after the fact. I would have known about it. 

The nurse at the urgent care was understanding and apologized for not informing me. But the separate company who I had to call to pay for the radiology diagnosis, that lady gave me a hard time. And all I wanted from her was to tell her to get the two companies on the same fucking page so that there would be no surprises. She however, tried to blame me for not being a fucking lawyer.
RE: Everyone must be have a law degree?
Do you feel like you were raked over the coals, got the 3rd degree?
(November 16, 2018 at 12:46 pm)no one Wrote: Do you feel like you were raked over the coals, got the 3rd degree?

I felt like the nurse at the urgent care was a democrat, and the secretary at the radiology sub contracted office was a republican.
So, no flowers and no lube?
The private sector is a bunch of fucking crooks.
(November 16, 2018 at 12:49 pm)no one Wrote: So, no flowers and no lube?

I was upset, but there was a huge difference between how the urgent care treated me, which was the way you should do it, "I am sorry, I will let management know". And the sub contractor attitude was, "Sucks to be you, get a law degree".
I’m not a lawyer, I just play one in message boards.  To that end, I advise you to get a writ of habeaus delerious and inform the billing department that they may be facing a restraining odor, not to mention a writ of expelliarmus cosmentus.  That’ll fix ‘em.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
People suck. They hate their jobs. They take out the frustrations, on the people they're supposed to be helping.

I'll let you in on a little secret, I hate people.
Quote:I'll let you in on a little secret, I hate people.

Why do you think I prefer dogs?
(November 16, 2018 at 12:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The private sector is a bunch of fucking crooks.

As far as price yes. But again, between the EMPLOYEES at the urgent care, whom are working stiffs like any nurse, and the corporate blood suckers whom are sub contracted, their attitudes as employees are quite different.

Even where my mom was at her long term care. The employees I had tons of empathy for, they are not the CEOs. Just like the nurse at the urgent care wasn't the corporate CEO herself, and apologized for the lack of communication. Low level employees do not have the power of the owners. So I can see how the mistake was made. But the assholes who sit in the board room, do not care that they pit consumers like me against the front end employees whom have no say.

I was happy, not about being blindsided, but happy with the urgent care's employee being understanding. I was pissed about the treatment of the sub contractor's secretary basically saying "sucks to be you". She works behind a desk, not in the trenches, just like the CEO of McDonalds skipped being a fry cook, went from being MBA to being a dick.

I cant tell you how many of my late mother's nursing home employees agreed with me, that they didn't have enough staff. That is far different than the assholes who owned the place who sit billions of states away in an air conditioned office who bark orders at people they don't know.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I pursue a Masters degree in computer science? FlatAssembler 34 2036 November 7, 2023 at 11:34 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Is it possible for someone to have a plan and not have one at the same time? Der/die AtheistIn 9 1021 March 4, 2019 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Rahn127