Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 6:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's everyone doing for Christmas?
What's everyone doing for Christmas?
If you have plans, this is the place to share them.

If you don't, this is the place to tell us so that we can laugh and make suggestions.

Me?

I'm spending a few weeks driving around Kiwiland.

I'm going to hire a fast car (something that looks good around me), dub it "The Post-Millennial Flirkin", and drive from one tourist trap to another, collecting speeding tickets along the way.
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: What's everyone doing for Christmas?
Working, most likely.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
We (my husband, son, and I) took a vote tonight and decided we would get together at my older daughter's house on Christmas Eve. Luckily we were at her house when the decision was made so she won't be surprised when we show up.

Not sure exactly what we will do...eat something, exchange gifts, social distance...that sort of stuff.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Airing grievances....
(November 27, 2020 at 12:20 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Airing grievances....

Is that a Trump airline?
Dying to live, living to die.
I'll be at the holy mecca (Brisbane CBD) doing my duty in the name of our patron Saint.

Saint Shoptillyoudrop doesn't care about cracker and wine. On the holy day of boxing day, we must honour her with a big breakfast with all the other pilgrims in Brisbane's cbd alley ways.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Since the UK is basically locked down due to covid it will be a strange christmas, probably a lot of zoom chats with family spread out over most of the country (but i have stocked up on wine so that's ok)
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Kerikeri generally has street parties from Christmas Eve right through Boxing Day - those may or may not happen this year. That aside, we have a few Christmas traditions that will take place:

-Over-consumption of various meats and cheeses.

-Decorating the Christmas penguin.

-Giving Ellen her Christmas goose.

-Providing holiday tourists with bad instructions ('To fit in, it's important that you shout, "Rugby is for sissies!!" at random intervals.').

-Paying homage to St. Raoul Of The Fishes.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 26, 2020 at 10:16 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: If you have plans, this is the place to share them.

If you don't, this is the place to tell us so that we can laugh and make suggestions.

Me?

I'm spending a few weeks driving around Kiwiland.

I'm going to hire a fast car (something that looks good around me), dub it "The Post-Millennial Flirkin", and drive from one tourist trap to another, collecting speeding tickets along the way.

I'm having difficulty imagining a car that WOULDN'T look good around you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
My family will not be having their usual Christmas feast at my brother's house. My brother, sister and I will probably get together for lunch at Mom's.
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What you doing for the New Year 2021? Foxaèr 13 1127 December 31, 2020 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What's everyone doing for New Year's Eve? Dundee 23 1227 December 30, 2020 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Angrboda
Question [Serious] "Doing Brain-ups", how do you exercise your brain? Gawdzilla Sama 22 1310 October 16, 2020 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I'm gonna buy my relatives carbon offsets as Christmas presents Duty 26 1709 November 29, 2018 at 2:06 am
Last Post: Duty