Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Life at 600 Kbps.
Life at 600 Kbps.
It isn't too bad.  After canceling cable, and with it, my broadband Internet, we've been using our 3 smartphones with Verizon as hotspots.  We get 15 GB hotspot data per month per phone (for a total of 45 GB); after that, they throttle us down to 600 Kbps for "unlimited" data.  Still, it isn't too bad, especially, if one does not reboot too often.  This site loads pretty quick with all of the caching that Windows is doing.
RE: Life at 600 kbps.
We never bothered with cable when we got the apartment, but I did want internet for my laptop and PS4. Otherwise, we watch stuff on Netflix/Hulu, which is much cheaper than cable.
I used to have a T1 line back in the day, courtesy of you great tax payers. "For work only", of course. Of course.
(November 19, 2018 at 10:56 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I used to have a T1 line back in the day, courtesy of you great tax payers. "For work only", of course. Of course.

Let me guess, defense contractor? Hee, hee, used to work for one of those.
RE: Life at 600 Kbps.
We cut the cable cord and land line phone a week ago, kept the high-speed internet.  Apple TV player and DirectTVNow and it is better than before.  And no constant soliciting phone calls.

My idea of heaven.
(November 19, 2018 at 11:33 am)Jehanne Wrote:
(November 19, 2018 at 10:56 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I used to have a T1 line back in the day, courtesy of you great tax payers. "For work only", of course. Of course.

Let me guess, defense contractor?  Hee, hee, used to work for one of those.

The "other end" was in the five-sided puzzle box. I got my student loans canceled by doing what I did when I was on shore duty with the Navy. "Still haven't found anyone as good as you." Well of course not.
(November 19, 2018 at 10:56 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I used to have a T1 line back in the day, courtesy of you great tax payers. "For work only", of course. Of course.

-everything is a business expense when you work from home...it's beautiful!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(November 19, 2018 at 2:40 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote:

-everything is a business expense when you work from home...it's beautiful!
Not my expenses. Hehe
I could never live that way. If you can, more power to you, but even if I gave up streaming TV (football), I'd lose the ability to stream videos. It's doable, but it would involve sacrifice. That's one reason I switched to cable originally. My bandwidth was spotty and insufficient to even stream Youtube videos. Admittedly I'm pampered, but everybody got their priorities, and I got mine. Good internet is one of them.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, reta 9 2102 April 23, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Italian footballer have had sex with 600-700 women Giff 14 10823 August 30, 2009 at 2:34 am
Last Post: Violet