Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US tourist enters tribal area in Andaman island, to preach Christianity, killed
US tourist enters tribal area in Andaman island, to preach Christianity, killed
Not sure if this is best here or in the Religion area (mods feel free to move):

US tourist illegally enters tribal area in Andaman island, to preach Christianity, killed.
"Be Excellent To Each Other"
RE: US tourist enters tribal area in Andaman island, to preach Christianity, killed
He wanted to show them how to get to heaven, and they simply returned the favor.

Cool
RE: US tourist enters tribal area in Andaman island, to preach Christianity, killed
Not sure what he was thinking trying to make contact with people known for being violently averse to outside contact? Oh well, he made some history, I suppose.
(November 21, 2018 at 7:50 am)Grandizer Wrote: Not sure what he was thinking trying to make contact with people known for being violently averse to outside contact? Oh well, he made some history, I suppose.

His intention was to convert them to Christianity, somehow. (I'm guessing he would have not spoken the language there.)

"He was attacked by arrows but he continued walking," - it says in the article. I presume he thought his god would protect him.
"Be Excellent To Each Other"
Where's that evangelical preacher and the Nile croc story?
(November 21, 2018 at 7:53 am)OakTree500 Wrote:
(November 21, 2018 at 7:50 am)Grandizer Wrote: Not sure what he was thinking trying to make contact with people known for being violently averse to outside contact? Oh well, he made some history, I suppose.

His intention was to convert them to Christianity, somehow. (I'm guessing he would have not spoken the language there.)

"He was attacked by arrows but he continued walking," - it says in the article. I presume he thought his god would protect him.

And what a waste of life it was. He wasn't even able to reach out to any of them for a chat.

I know what his intention was, by the way. I just think you have to be way out there (as in severely deluded) to think somehow this could be done safely knowing what these people are known to do to outsiders.
I feel sorry for the 7 fishermen that took him there. They are being charged with murder. At worst, they were accomplices to suicide.
Yet another victim of bad ideas.

Bad ideas kill.

.... also, arrows kill, but bad ideas help set up the situation where arrows fly in the first place.

I'm sure ALL the conservative evangelicals who have been enthusiastically supporting closing the borders will completely agree with the islanders' actions based on shared principles.
Being an antipistevist is like being an antipastovist, only with epistemic responsibility instead of bruschetta.

Ignore list includes: 1 douche bag (Drich)
Can the fishermen claim they took him there just for the halibut?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 21, 2018 at 10:45 am)wyzas Wrote: Can the fishermen claim they took him there just for the halibut?

Probably took him so they didn't have to listen to his shit any more.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Motorcade for local marine killed in the evacuation happened today brewer 1 258 September 10, 2021 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Nine family members killed in US airstrike in Kabul targeting suspected ISIS-K bomber WinterHold 16 1038 August 31, 2021 at 7:34 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  US troops and Afghans killed in suicide attacks outside Kabul airport WinterHold 3 564 August 26, 2021 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Accused Kidnapper killed in Truck Accident onlinebiker 1 277 June 27, 2021 at 10:23 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Saudi journalist killed and hacked inside Saudi embassy in Istanbul WinterHold 333 26067 January 16, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Iran's top nuke scientist killed. Brian37 18 939 November 28, 2020 at 1:53 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Easter Island Statue Destroyed BrianSoddingBoru4 5 540 March 6, 2020 at 10:43 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  BREAKING: The Pentagon announces the US killed Iranian general Soleimani WinterHold 133 14861 January 20, 2020 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Smedders
  Want to sell that island? onlinebiker 30 2369 August 22, 2019 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Nine killed in Dayton, Ohio EgoDeath 120 8241 August 14, 2019 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath