Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who to ignore
Who to ignore
Scrolling through my pinterest this morning a meme caught my eye and got me to thinking.
What are some good reasons to ignore someone on an internet forum?

1. Someone who intentionally and repeatedly do and say things that they know upset you
2. Expect you to see their perspective but never attempt to see yours
3. Can't and won't apologize sincerely
4. Always act like the victim when confronted with their abusive behavior

Any of them invalid or any more reasons to add?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
RE: Who to ignore
Terminally stupid Dunning-Krugers possessed of an utter conviction of their own superiority. Top of the list, imo.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Good point, so

1. Those with a superiority complex
2. Someone who intentionally and repeatedly do and say things that they know upset you
3. Expect you to see their perspective but never attempt to see yours
4. Can't and won't apologize sincerely
5. Always act like the victim when confronted with their abusive behavior

any more to add
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

Old farts with nothing to contribute but lame jokes, lose associations and attempts to derail.  

They're just not that funny.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 23, 2018 at 10:14 am)wyzas Wrote: Old farts with nothing to contribute but lame jokes, lose associations and attempts to derail.  

They're just not that funny.

How dare you bring me into this!

Twin son by a different mother.  Razz
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I think ignoring is bad. We should nuke from orbit, if we could, just to be sure. Big Grin
#2 cover virtually every theist who comes here.

I never ignore anyone - except one guy who started out by sending spam PMs - and the mods incinerated his ass almost immediately anyway.
Or perhaps a butt load of atheists as well min. I only ignored 1 or 2 spambots in my time. I generally agree that pretending something that isn't there when it is would limit the conversation by excluding a side.

Although I'd really love to have a universal remote like in click with just a mute button sometimes... you know, have your say, but I don't wanna hear it right now because you're not really being rational. I think I'd enjoy my living room more then

(November 23, 2018 at 1:45 pm)tackattack Wrote: Or perhaps a butt load of atheists as well min. I only ignored 1 or 2 spambots in my time. I generally agree that pretending something that isn't there when it is would limit the conversation by excluding a side.

Although I'd really love to have a universal remote like in click with just a mute button sometimes... you know, have your say, but I don't wanna hear it right now because you're not really being rational. I think I'd enjoy my living room more then

I was born in 1980, I come equipped with shields.
I can't speak for all atheists, Tacky, but when a theist shows up with the typical "god says this" and "god did that" and then can't produce any evidence for their hero beyond what they read in some hoary old book of fairy tales or their own personal brain farts I do lose patience with them.  Rapidly.

Probably the result of nearly 10 years here.  I've heard it all before but every month it seems the bus from Crazy Town arrives with a new load of believers who think they are spreading the word to us heathens.

I know of an island in the Indian Ocean that they can visit!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do Atheists celebrate Christmas? Or does Santa ignore your letters to north pole? ErGingerbreadMandude 13 1500 December 20, 2015 at 6:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  testing purposes only- ignore ignoramus 10 1978 September 6, 2015 at 4:24 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  People at my church seem to hate or dislike me, they ignore me when I say hi ashelala 12 2737 February 27, 2015 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Total Fucking Fuck You Rant: Please Ignore Shell B 141 50244 December 5, 2012 at 6:39 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Just ignore me today please. leo-rcc 14 3359 March 7, 2010 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet