Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Atheists celebrate Christmas? Or does Santa ignore your letters to north pole?
Do Atheists celebrate Christmas? Or does Santa ignore your letters to north pole?
But are you a asantaclauseist?
Christmas is awesome. Lots of booze and joy.
So what are your plans? Big Christmas tree with lots of presents lying around or just a surprise butt sex with your girlfriend?
I have arranged a huge feast(oh yeah baby FEAST!) for my friends at my home for Christmas.What do you have planned? Big Grin
RE: Do Atheists celebrate Christmas? Or does Santa ignore your letters to north pole?
Yeah I celebrate Christmas. It's not like it has to have much to do with Jesus or anything. You hang out with family, give gifts, have good food, while a few of the more religious folks say something about Jesus every now and then. Pick your winter solstice holiday, and just have fun with it.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: Do Atheists celebrate Christmas? Or does Santa ignore your letters to north pole?
I celebrate Festivus
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Over here, It's more about food, booze and being with close friends and family. Also,  the light on the little one's eyes as the rip the present wrappings apart. Usually religion is kept to themselves as good Portuguese moderation is. Politics always come into conversations lol. Damn vampires!
Also, cod. We love us some cod boiled with potatos, caulyflower with a touch of olive oil, vinegar and pepper.
Having 4 kids makes us have to celebrate Christmas.
Christmas is not a Christian festival. It's a pagan festival appropriated by a particular religion.

Christmas for me is more of a time for family and blood sacrifices. I live a country where the majority are either non-religious or apathetic to religion, so really Christmas is just an excuse to get merry with friends and family and have some time off work. It's great.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I'll do some extra gaping Christmas eve.

Maybe some urethral sounding too.

All to the glory of the Lord, of course. Probably won't make any Baby Nog this year . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

My Christmas is looking up. Maybe.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Yes, I celebrate Christmas.

We always get up at 5:00 AM to open presents. My husband always warms the house up if it's cold, and makes everyone breakfast. We open presents while we eat. (The kids wouldn't let us eat first, and I don't think my husband would want us to either. He loves seeing the girls open their presents, and I do too tbh)

Then we go visit my family for a bit, and then usually my husband's dad will come over for a little while.

Santa doesn't deliver gifts to us though. The Doctor does. At least for our youngest two. Our oldest three don't believe the doctor delivers presents anymore.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 Very Merry Christmas thread!! Jehanne 7 690 December 27, 2022 at 11:57 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 843 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What does your username mean? vulcanlogician 46 2591 February 11, 2022 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  What did you get for Christmas? arewethereyet 13 669 December 29, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Merry Christmas!! Jehanne 10 707 December 26, 2021 at 8:28 am
  Brace yourselves... Christmas is coming! T.J. 71 2727 December 25, 2021 at 11:22 am
  Christmas decorations 2021 pics brewer 21 1635 December 13, 2021 at 8:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What’s a reasonable amount to give on Christmas? Apollo 3 337 December 25, 2020 at 9:41 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Fine - I'll do it - Happy Whatever You Celebrate Eve/Day arewethereyet 20 1103 December 25, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Incidental Christmas Movies brewer 6 788 December 25, 2020 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye