Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Dogs" on Netflix
"Dogs" on Netflix
I'm sitting here watching a show called "Dogs" on Netflix. Bet you didn't guess that from the thread title. So far, it's been pretty good. It's followed the story of a seizure alert dog and a dog on his way out of Syria to be with his refugee owner. All the good feels, except when the dog owner's friend in Syria said his father told him it would be better to be a dog, because at least that dog is able to get out of Syria. I'm surprised there aren't dog racists who tried to stop it.
RE: "Dogs" on Netflix
The WLB will stop them at the border.
If you don't cry when that Syrian man's dog arrives in Germany to be with him, you have no soul (figuratively speaking). Huskies are so expressive.
(November 24, 2018 at 9:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The WLB will stop them at the border.

If they were coming here, I doubt the dog would get in. Luckily, this guy is in Germany.
I saw the first episode expecting to love it but was pretty disappointed. Way too overdramatic and overproduced imo. I could do without the cinematic wide shots and hyper-focusing in and out thingies (forgive my technical illiteracy). Besides, who names a dog Rory, something even I find difficult to pronounce, and then give the dog to a kid with a speed-impediment? Doh Why not just name him, like, Sam? That annoyed me so much oml. Besides, at risk of sounding like a complete bitch, I gotta say I wasn't in the least interested in the epileptic kid and her family. If I wanted to watch a show about a family with an epileptic kid, I'd watch a show about a family with an epileptic kid. I was interested in the dog, what he did, and how he changed her life. They didn't really seem to focus on that much. 
But I think I'll give ep 2 a go. All the over-dramatization won't seem out of place, at the very least, with that theme.
The word bed actually looks like a bed. 
Episode 2 is better, but I did like the first episode, but was also disappointed when they didn’t show Rory doing his job with her.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jennifer Aniston to play lesbian president in new Netflix movie Fake Messiah 13 1101 June 16, 2018 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Netflix, females. paulpablo 16 2009 November 25, 2017 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Bloodline - A Netflix Original John V 3 1174 May 1, 2015 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope