Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix, females.
Netflix, females.
I'm a newbie to Netflix and this is just a casual observation.
They seem to have put a lot of effort into doing shows revolving around women.
They have a section called "films with a strong female lead"
A documentary about sports I just clicked on and the description didn't even mention women but every episode is about females in sport.
I like some films with a strong female lead, the terminator for example. But I've never thought of any film in terms of descriptions of the lead characters.

Is this a running theme with Netflix or is it a coincidence and I just happen to be clicking on all the female themed shows.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Netflix, females.
(November 23, 2017 at 4:41 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I'm a newbie to Netflix and this is just a casual observation.
They seem to have put a lot of effort into doing shows revolving around women.
They have a section called "films with a strong female lead"
A documentary about sports I just clicked on and the description didn't even mention women but every episode is about females in sport.
I like some films with a strong female lead, the terminator for example. But I've never thought of any film in terms of descriptions of the lead characters.  

Is this a running theme with Netflix or is it a coincidence and I just happen to be clicking on all the female themed shows.

With a little effort, you can stop looking at females. I stop several times a day, myself. Tongue
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Guys, Guys ...If you need a rest from watching women, just watch the female Bulgarian weight lifting reruns... It'll remind you to go and do your taxes or something...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Paul I personally haven't noticed it as a theme. Maybe it is though.

For you, id like to recommend black mirror and stranger things. Also, I love 13 reasons why, though not sure if it'll be your thing.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(November 24, 2017 at 4:04 am)ignoramus Wrote: Guys, Guys ...If you need a rest from watching women, just watch the female Bulgarian weight lifting reruns... It'll remind you to go and do your taxes or something...

You know, in my early teens I read the muscle mags. Every so often I would see a female Olympic Weightlifter and think "She looks kind of cute." Sometimes they would have nice bodies.
Eh I dunno they have a lot of categories, ya just gotta look through them. I do know they have that one category for strong female leads but I've never noticed a trend toward females outside of that.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
What I've watched that I liked so far on Netflix....

All the David Attenborough stuff.
Peep show.
Cocaine cowboys.
I just watched one now about that American journalist who was killed by Isis.
Rick and morty is ok.

I found out I can't fucking stand most super hero films or tv shows, with the exception of every single x men film. Which is pretty weird really. I find the others way too 2 dimensional and predictable. I might find one other than the x men I like soon though.

People have said I might like black mirror or stranger things but I'm still sceptical.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(November 24, 2017 at 4:17 pm)paulpablo Wrote: What I've watched that I liked so far on Netflix....

All the David Attenborough stuff.
Peep show.
Cocaine cowboys.
I just watched one now about that American journalist who was killed by Isis.
Rick and morty is ok.

I found out I can't fucking stand most super hero films or tv shows, with the exception of every single x men film. Which is pretty weird really. I find the others way too 2 dimensional and predictable. I might find one other than the x men I like soon though.

People have said I might like black mirror or stranger things but I'm still sceptical.

Definitely watch Black Mirror. Give it a try at least. I've only seen the first episode of Stranger Things. Kids are the main characters, so doesn't look promising to me. Also, forget 13 Reasons Why. It's too much teenage drama in it.
13 Reasons Why is disgusting. I agree, don't watch it. It not only makes suicide seem like a fun thing to plan but it also highlights petty reasons that could lead to it plus makes it look like vindication to blame others. Only one guy in that show deserved blame and even then it tells you being the victim means you should kill yourself. WTF kind of message is that?!
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
We just started Ozark on netflix. Kinda like Breaking Bad. Jason Bateman plays a financial advisor who's laundering money for a Mexican drug lord. 3 episodes in and so far so good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Dogs" on Netflix Shell B 5 329 November 25, 2018 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Jennifer Aniston to play lesbian president in new Netflix movie Fake Messiah 13 1096 June 16, 2018 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Bloodline - A Netflix Original John V 3 1172 May 1, 2015 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope