Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:40 am

Poll: If you were running a station being petitioned to remove a song by the #meToo movement would you
This poll is closed.
pull the song
38.89%
7 38.89%
not pull the song
61.11%
11 61.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#MeTooFar Poll
#MeTooFar Poll
OK so let's put some numbers to this. 

Link to original post

Gist: radio station petitioned to pull "Baby it cold outside" from it's lineup. Feel free to post up some numbers for a consensus from the community on this. No there is no third option, choose a side or GTFO  Hehe
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
RE: #MeTooFar Poll
Meh, a radio station can pull or not pull whatever they want.  If they think it'll hurt their bottom line then they should pull it - doesn't really matter why.  It's a business...and they've -always- been in the business of a songs popularity.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
it doesn't matter why to us, which is why I proposed a perspective where the poll-er was the radio station owner/manager. To some it's a business, to some it's an outlet for free speech. That's why YMMV, hence the poll.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

Apathy is always an option. Many times the best one.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
"By the #metoo movement"? Wasn't it literally one person who called in and said that?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
This poll is meaningless
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

[Image: 2o58ov.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Apparently that's what the radio station said.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
If you wanted a meaningful poll, you shoulda asked about pulling all Justin Bieber's shit off the air! Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
So you’ll not choose a side because you don’t care?
But if instead of a poll regarding a small number of people complaining about being offended, and wanting to save their ears vs free speech were about something you cared about you’d vote?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  #MeTooFar BrianSoddingBoru4 159 8815 December 11, 2018 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New poll shows Trump ahead with women..... Brian37 25 4025 April 1, 2016 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  A UK poll says 60% of brits say religion does more harm than good. downbeatplumb 12 3027 November 26, 2014 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin