Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelicals in decline.
Evangelicals in decline.
Quote:GOP Has a Looming Evangelical Problem, Too

It's not just women, particularly suburban women, who may not be powering the Republican Party to victories any more (see above). Evangelicals, a critical component of the GOP coalition for close to half a century, are in serious decline as a political force.

Part of the reason is that the electorate as a whole is changing, and non-evangelical groups are growing in numbers. When Richard Nixon was elected in 1968, roughly 85% of the electorate was white and Christian. By the time Bill Clinton ran in 1992, it was down to 73%. And in 2012, it had dropped again to 53%. If current trendlines hold, 2024 will be the first election in U.S. history where white, Christian voters are in the minority.

GOP Has a Looming Evangelical Problem, Too
RE: Evangelicals in decline.
All part of satan's evil plot to overthrow the kingdom of heaven.
The increased Evangelical participation in politics carried the seeds of its eventual decline. When I was a Pentecostal kid, politics was widely viewed as too 'worldly' for someone truly concerned about saving souls to get too mixed up in, and our leaders are appointed by God anyway, who are we to intervene in God's plans? Things literally can't turn out any other way than what God ordained.

The inevitable result is that evangelicals have corrupted politics and politics has corrupted evangelicals. The hypocrisy required to endorse Trump because he will give you the judges you want is not lost on the (mainly) youth leaving the church. The median age of Evangelicals went from 46 in 2007 to 49 in 2014. The median age for Americans in 2017 was 38, up from 37.2 in 2010.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
To say politics corrupted evangelicals is to imply evangelicalism was made from substances that still had room for further corruption.
If somebody caused the foreign policy of the U.S to be so hostile and vicious towards Muslims in the Middle East, it is the Evangelical wing in the U.S .

Aside from injecting zionism with huge doses in American foreign policy -since supporting Israel is supporting the land where Christ would return to from heaven-; Evangelicals also made it much much harder for Muslims to communicate with the Christian white American.

They -along with backward extreme Islamists- created a huge gap between your average American -no; I mean white Christian- and Muslims.

I'm not familiar with any other gaps they caused between white Americans and foreigners, but I can bet that if you saw a single crack in the wall, there so many others.

They will die out, the only thing that is keeping them alive is their importance as strategic pawns; they worth gold when a war like the Iraq war of 2003 breaks out, but soon -as with most pawns- they die from old age.
(December 18, 2018 at 9:59 am)Jehanne Wrote:
Quote:GOP Has a Looming Evangelical Problem, Too

It's not just women, particularly suburban women, who may not be powering the Republican Party to victories any more (see above). Evangelicals, a critical component of the GOP coalition for close to half a century, are in serious decline as a political force.

Part of the reason is that the electorate as a whole is changing, and non-evangelical groups are growing in numbers. When Richard Nixon was elected in 1968, roughly 85% of the electorate was white and Christian. By the time Bill Clinton ran in 1992, it was down to 73%. And in 2012, it had dropped again to 53%. If current trendlines hold, 2024 will be the first election in U.S. history where white, Christian voters are in the minority.

GOP Has a Looming Evangelical Problem, Too

This is no different in human history.

There was a time when the majority of Egyptians believed in Ra, the Sun God.

(December 18, 2018 at 12:13 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: If somebody caused the foreign policy of the U.S to be so hostile and vicious towards Muslims in the Middle East, it is the Evangelical wing in the U.S .

Aside from injecting zionism with huge doses in American foreign policy -since supporting Israel is supporting the land where Christ would return to from heaven-; Evangelicals also made it much much harder for Muslims to communicate with the Christian white American.

They -along with backward extreme Islamists- created a huge gap between your average American -no; I mean white Christian- and Muslims.

I'm not familiar with any other gaps they caused between white Americans and foreigners, but I can bet that if you saw a single crack in the wall, there so many others.

They will die out, the only thing that is keeping them alive is their importance as strategic pawns; they worth gold when a war like the Iraq war of 2003 breaks out, but soon -as with most pawns- they die from old age.

How about the better option for all humans to consider? There is no god, religions are all human inventions. 

As much as every religion worldwide claims to have the secrets to peace, it causes more conflict than it brings peace. Every nation in the world has hospitals and prisons, and that tells me everything I need to know about our species morality. Our morality is in us, not old writings or holy people, but our evolution.
The information is coming from a left extremist propaganda site. Of course percentages are going to change with more categories and an increase in population. What should be more concerning to them is the "silent majority" who aren't necessarily evangelicals, but concerned citizens who want a better future.
(December 18, 2018 at 12:28 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: The information is coming from a left extremist propaganda site.  Of course percentages are going to change with more categories and an increase in population.  What should be more concerning to them is the "silent majority" who aren't necessarily evangelicals, but concerned citizens who want a better future.

Define better, and for whom?
The Decline of Evangelicals is largely due to their lack of compassion for anyone but themselves.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
(December 18, 2018 at 1:13 pm)Divinity Wrote: The Decline of Evangelicals is largely due to their lack of compassion for anyone but themselves.

That has been largely true of Christianity in general.

Yet Evangelicalism is more noxious than even what mainline Christianity has become.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saudi prince MBS meet with US evangelicals. WinterHold 1 291 November 11, 2018 at 6:31 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Worldwide Decline in Birth Rates Fidel_Castronaut 21 1217 November 9, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Yes, Evangelicals Suck Cock, This Isn't News Minimalist 6 538 June 25, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why Evangelicals say US is no longer Christian Minimalist 7 1359 June 29, 2016 at 6:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne