Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anak Krakatoa causes tsunami
Anak Krakatoa causes tsunami
Unfortunately the body count most likely will go up. Authorities say that although they have lived with volcanic quakes, they don't have the modern equipment to properly detect under water landslides, which experts suspect caused this volcanic tsunami. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2...toa-erupts
RE: Anak Krakatoa causes tsunami
Thank god more people weren't killed.
(December 23, 2018 at 7:48 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Thank god more people weren't killed.

Or geology and physics.
(December 23, 2018 at 9:42 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 23, 2018 at 7:48 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Thank god more people weren't killed.

Or geology and physics.

It's always easy to spot paid shills. Just how much does the Demonic Cabal of Big Geology and Big Physics pay you for your posts? Dodgy
And then one day God said: "Fuck this five hundred people in Indonesia." and killed them.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 23, 2018 at 10:50 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: And then one day God said: "Fuck this five hundred people in Indonesia." and killed them.

Well, clearly they were sinners, or God wouldn't have killed them.  All those infants just sinning and sinning and sinning...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Of course this is the exact site where in 1883 an earlier Krakatoa volcano erupted catacylsmically, destroying itself by collapsing into the giant void left Under the seafloor vacated by the erupted Magma in an act that sent out multiple tsunamis over roughly 12 hours that killed 40,000 people. As the volcano subsided into the magma chamber, through an as yet unknown mechanism, it produced the loudest sounds ever noted on earth. The sound was likened to the Roaring of artillery by listeners 3000 miles away and recorded by primitive instruments of the day going completely around the earth 4 times.

For those interested in a well researched, but eminently readable popular account of that event, I recommend Simon Winchester’s Krakatoa, the day the world exploded.
(December 23, 2018 at 10:50 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: And then one day God said: "Fuck this five hundred people in Indonesia." and killed them.

And these dolphins.

[Image: aNZU0uY.jpg]
(December 23, 2018 at 10:54 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Well, clearly they were sinners, or God wouldn't have killed them.  All those infants just sinning and sinning and sinning...

Boru

Hey, those little children can get quite pesky. Like calling God's prophet "Baldy" so what else is God to do but kill them:
2 Kings 2:23–24 “And he [Elisha] went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.”
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

"As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods. They kill us for sport!" (Shakespeare)
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sod Krakatoa: This Is The One To Watch BrianSoddingBoru4 4 437 April 13, 2020 at 4:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Krakatoa just exploded Fake Messiah 24 994 April 12, 2020 at 2:29 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Indonesian Tsunami death toll at least 800 CapnAwesome 2 391 October 1, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat